What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Which is a better deal?

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-2013, 03:42 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which is a better deal?

I've been hunting for a manual Trans Am for awhile now and I've finally tracked down two potential choices.

Trans Am A is a 2000, 6 speed, silver/black, and has 69k on the clock

Price ~ 13k

Trans Am B is a '98, 6 speed, black/grey, and has 150k on the clock

Price ~ 7k

I haven't driven either one yet but I'll be checking them out this weekend. From pics alone they both look great but that's not saying much. I know how to basic maintenance and that's about it. I'm not afraid to turn a wrench but I'll be using the Trans Am as my daily driver.

Any input is appreciated.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:06 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Not enough info to make an intelligent comment on either car. No info on condition, number of owners, maintenance, etc.. We don't even know if the titles are clear.
I will say off-hand that the 150,000 miles car is probably not a wise choice if you plan on using it as a DD. Just too many miles unless you can verify the car as a one owner, highway miles car with a strict maintenance schedule. Even then, it would be a gamble. The last thing you need is a 'money pit' with lots of down time as a DD.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:10 PM
Teching In

Trans Am A

6 owners, clear title, clean auto check, WS6

Old 10-16-2013, 04:15 PM
Teching In

Trans Am B

No other details at the moment.

Old 10-16-2013, 09:02 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is just too many owners for the price on the silver one and the black one looks like it was owned by a kid with those red speaker grilles, and that one is over-priced as well. Now some people will probably come on here and tell you that they are both killer deals but I have been seeing much better deals on a regular basis in my area. The market for these cars is still down and with it getting toward the holidays you will see even better deals if you are patient. And don't be afraid to expand your search area. It cost me just over $800 to ship a car from the west coast to Michigan and I still came out ahead.
Old 10-17-2013, 09:34 AM
TECH Junkie

I would pass on both to be honest. You can do better.
This is the advice I would give to family and friends. It is the same advice I am giving to you.
As stated above, you are coming into the buyer's season. The ball is in your court. Good luck with your search.
Old 10-17-2013, 03:18 PM
TECH Junkie

I returned your PM. Good luck!!

Quick Reply: Which is a better deal?