What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

What do you think about this camaro and price?

Old 11-14-2013, 09:37 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What do you think about this camaro and price?

Ive been wanting to get a ls1 6 speed camaro or trans am for a long time now and I think I have finally found the right car.

It is a clean Navy Blue Metallic Camaro SS, completely stock with 34,000 miles
The car only has one owner and he is retired and wants something more economical.

If I can get the car for 13k, would this be a good buy?
Old 11-14-2013, 10:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 22 Likes on 22 Posts

what year is it?
Old 11-14-2013, 10:55 PM
On The Tree

2000 camaro ss, also non-ttop car
Old 11-14-2013, 10:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I personally can't imagine paying over 10k for an f body, but at the same time, its gonna be pretty hard to find another true ss 1 owner m6 with 34k miles. Just depends if its what you really want.
Old 11-14-2013, 11:06 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Zlow28
I personally can't imagine paying over 10k for an f body, but at the same time, its gonna be pretty hard to find another true ss 1 owner m6 with 34k miles. Just depends if its what you really want.
Thats what I'm thinking as well, there are others for around 8k with 75k miles but the true ss seems like it will hold its value more as well
Old 11-15-2013, 09:05 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Certainly sounds like a delightful car but $13,000 is a tad high for a 'private party' sale. I can easily imagine a retail dealer wanting that price and probably getting it eventually.
I would feel a lot more comfortable if you could get this sweet one owner low mileage ride for $12,000 or less. There are other factors as well. Does the car need anything right off the bat? How are the tires? If ready for replacement tires you immediately have to think an additional $600 minimum for a quality set. Have all the fluids been changed? Every single one should have been changed just due to time (Dexcool, brake, power steering, etc..) That can be pricey as well if you need a shop to do that. The tranny and clutch better be perfect. You'll only find that out once you drive it. These are all negotiating points as well, especially with cash in hand in the seller's driveway. Once all that is established you can reconsider pricing. If the car is absolutely perfectly maintained, and has a newer set of quality rubber, you wouldn't be going overboard at $13,000. It's a lot but you would own an awfully sweet ride that has most of it's entire life ahead of it. Not many one owner adult driven 6 speeds available anymore. The list dwindles every year that goes by. An extra $1,000 or even $1,500 now is chump change in the long run. In 5 years time of happy ownership you would laugh at yourself for even thinking about it. Good luck!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: What do you think about this camaro and price?