What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Help me price this vert

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 02:47 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help me price this vert

I've got a 2000 Trans am with 64k miles. Motor and tranny stock and runs well, no issues:
-raptor hood
-recovered interior with Hawks seats kit
-double din with polk speakers, amp and sub thump 10" in passenger side trunk
-ruff racing rims 19s rear, 18s front, 6k miles on tires
-subframe connectors
-new rotors and pads

I'm looking to sell, what should I price this at?

Old 02-05-2014, 05:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

I see those palm type trees in your photos so being in a warm weather state is very helpful. Although that white interior might disagree with some it might be just the ticket for people tired of burning their butts in the hot sun. The stereo is actually going to be a negative unless you find someone that wants exactly what you have done. It's a shame to eliminate certain buyers because of that but it could happen. The staggered wheel set-up is also a negative to many. The hood is a toss-up. 'Stock' is usually the way to go when selling 'verts. If you have the original parts still you might want to think about it. Up to you. You never know who is reading an ad but limiting the buyer's market is never a good idea. You want to appeal to everyone, from 16 year olds to 70 year olds.
If the Carfax is clean and there haven't been too many owners, I believe an $11,000 - $11,500 asking price is reasonable, and it would be up to you how much to settle for after negotiations. If there are issues with the car then that price range might be too high. A few more details about the history of the car would be beneficial if you can provide that. GLWS!
Old 02-06-2014, 08:04 AM
Teching In

Thanks NC01ta- I'm in Florida. The stock black interior would fry you in the summer so I went with the white. I'm the 3rd owner of the car. My dad bought it at about 25k miles. I got it from him 7 years ago with 58k miles. Really the only flaw is the driver door. The paint is faded, the body shop told me it was a common issue for gm in that year range. Prior to selling, I'll get that fixed.
Old 02-07-2014, 08:57 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

That all sounds fine. FL certainly is a convertible state. That price range I mentioned should bring you some 'lookers' and hopefully a buyer.
We just took a trip to Boca Raton and the Keys last week in our 'vert to escape the snow. Saw just one other T/A 'vert during our travels yet saw many exotics like Ferraris and even 2 Maseratis. Who knew our T/A 'verts would be so tough to find? Here's a link if you feel like seeing a few photos of ours.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/convertib...vert-pics.html
Old 02-11-2014, 11:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

if that was my car & in good mechanical shape i wouldnt sell it for less than 10k so 11k - 11.5k is reasonable i think. cheers! why are you selling?
Old 02-11-2014, 08:08 PM
Teching In

I'm not really pumped on selling it but I'm doing real estate now and I need to buy a nice 4 door car. The money will help but I would keep it if I had room. I live in a townhouse and don't have much parking or garage space available.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:56 AM
TECH Fanatic

just an fyi if i was selling & trying to figure out the correct price i would start by going to kelly blue book & compare trade in / private party / retail just to get a baseline. i would also check vettes , which i would price 25% - 33% higher than our cars (competition). then checkout car soup.com for others selling comparable cars. thats where i'd start. goodluck! ps even in july in minny the temp hits 90 degrees and my grey leather seats get hot hot hot! have to fold the seats forward.

Quick Reply: Help me price this vert