What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2000 Trans Am

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2014, 08:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2000 Trans Am

It's a 7.5 out of 10 shape trans am. Has less than 50k on it. Pacesetter headers, Tsp off road X pipe dumped at the differential. Red Firebird embroidered headrests, very dark tint professionally done, pre- 02 ws6 wheels, emissions system removed and tuned by frost. It's also a 6 speed and matching Ws9 hood that was a grand on its own. Car has been garage kept. Recent oil change and rear differential oil changed as well. Just needs tires. Haven't driven it in a while and I'm in a bind I just graduated college and didnt manage my money well so I'm really sad to sell it. Not sure what it's worth. I paid upwards of 16 for it a couple years ago when it had 30k on it. It's mechanically sound with no issues at all.
Old 02-18-2014, 09:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Once you modify your car to the extent that you have, you have limited your market to buyers like yourself. Your financial situation is shared by the same folks. Try to sell your car for 'book' value and keep your fingers crossed. If you see too much discrepancy between NADA and KBB, then take the average of the two. I show a 'private party' KBB price in my zip code of $11,000 for a 49,000 miles car in 'good' condition. Give it a try. If $11k is too high, and it could be, then lower the price accordingly until you hit the sweet spot when the phone starts ringing. Just allow room for negotiations. GLWS!!

Quick Reply: 2000 Trans Am