What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

97 ws6 10000 miles

Old 03-30-2014, 09:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 97 ws6 10000 miles

Thinking about selling my car because it just sits. It's a 97 ws6 formula, it's black auto tranny with cloth seats. Car is in perfect condition it has ten thousand miles on it. What would be a realistic asking price vs what it could realistically sell for? Thanks guys.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

There will be a truly valid premium attached to your car's sales price. Ultra low mileage LT1 F-bodies are rarely found unless it is a special edition which has been put away. Having a WS6 Formula isn't all that common in itself.
I would certainly ask $14,000 (higher if you want to, but not silly, like $20k). This will allow for negotiations that should bring you into the $12,000 neighborhood which I'm sure someone will pay. That would be my comfort zone and I know my car collector friends would be in the game at that price too. Higher than that?? It's possible but I feel the potential market will thin out considerably. There could be someone out there absolutely desperate for an LT1 WS6 Formula like yours and be willing to pay higher. That's why you need to ask a bit higher at first to test the waters. Of course this is all up to you and what you could accept. You can't be competing price-wise with similar mileage LS1 cars so keep that in mind.
If you keep your car for another 8 years or so (the magical 25th year mark) I believe you could get well over $15,000 if you kept the mileage under 20,000 miles. Not just yet. Many other factors involved too.
All these figures are based on a truly excellent, 95% 'stock', well maintained, one owner, garage kept car that may need only a new set of tires to get from point A to point B when leaving your driveway.
I would avoid the big auction market since they take too big a chunk with buyers and sellers fees, plus there is no guaranty you will get a better price either. If no interested party is there in attendance someone could steal the car if no reserve. That's why you always see classic car dealership reps bidding, hoping to snag a no reserve car and put it on their lot for double what they paid.
Best of luck to you.

Last edited by NC01TA; 03-31-2014 at 06:24 AM. Reason: Added info
Old 03-31-2014, 04:56 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you for your opinion. I was thinking the same thing. The car is bone stock and is in perfect shape. I was going to list it in a cou
Old 03-31-2014, 04:57 PM
Staging Lane

Thank you for your opinion. I was thinking the same thing. The car is bone stock and is in perfect shape. I was going to list it in a couple of weeks. Thanks again.
Old 03-31-2014, 06:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Pmed ya
Old 04-01-2014, 08:55 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 436 Likes on 315 Posts

Originally Posted by powercrazy
Thank you for your opinion. I was thinking the same thing. The car is bone stock and is in perfect shape. I was going to list it in a couple of weeks. Thanks again.
No problem, and you'll have no problem selling either. Just be patient. I don't know what type site you will use but I would be looking on Hemmings and Autotrader for a car like yours. GLWS!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 97 ws6 10000 miles