What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2002 Trans Am Firehawk

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-2014, 03:55 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Trans Am Firehawk

Hey LS1tech family. So, I need to know what would be an appropriate asking price for my baby. Bills need be paid and she's hardly been driven in the past two years. Mileage currently sits at 102,xxx Build number 1183 from SLP. Silver with black leather interior, which is a 8/10 minus a crack in the drivers side door panel that occurred two weeks ago when home on leave. Also has full sound system with a sub box and a kicker L5 12 inch in the hatch that does not block the T-Tops from where they need to go. It was professionally installed in 2009. No mods to motor, does have SLP LM1 catback and a 12 bolt Moser rear end with a WaveTrac differential, 4.30 gearing, upgraded driveshaft, and a Hotchkis rear sway bar that's fully adjustable. Needs new tires on the front (which I am willing to put on if it will make or break the sale) exterior is a 6-7/10. Reason being is I am noticing resin bubbling on the hood near the Firehawk emblem as well as the sail panel. Also what dropped my personal rating is a dent on the drivers side of the car near the door jam. I don't have a picture of that at the moment but will get one ASAP. Gents I need an honest answer here. I'm in the military and the plans I had for her just aren't gonna come together. FYI the buyer is gonna inherit a set of 799 cast heads off a 2010 Silverado that had 44,000 miles on them and three extra chrome original Firehawk rims. So is $9,500 too much to ask? Help me out guys!!
Old 04-28-2014, 03:56 PM
Teching In

By the way here are some photos...
Attached Thumbnails 2002 Trans Am Firehawk-image-3284214896.jpg   2002 Trans Am Firehawk-image-2480259833.jpg   2002 Trans Am Firehawk-image-2209888176.jpg   2002 Trans Am Firehawk-image-1233850990.jpg   2002 Trans Am Firehawk-image-4289598518.jpg  

2002 Trans Am Firehawk-image-1609651089.jpg  
Old 04-29-2014, 08:36 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

It is very refreshing to hear a car described with details.
If the title is clean I believe your $9,500 asking price is within reason. Will someone pay you that much when push comes to shove? Maybe. I'm sure, after negotiations, that someone will definitely give you $7,500 - $8,000 cash in hand at the very lowest. I would hope so anyway. It's still a Firehawk and there should be plenty of miles left on the car unless it's been beaten to death. Tires and a dent should not be deal breakers and almost every Firebird model has the dreaded door panel crack. Modded cars are much tougher to sell as I am sure you have read here. Sales can be quite a slow process.
Good luck with the sale and your life in the military.
Old 04-29-2014, 02:09 PM
Teching In

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by NC01TA
It is very refreshing to hear a car described with details.
If the title is clean I believe your $9,500 asking price is within reason. Will someone pay you that much when push comes to shove? Maybe. I'm sure, after negotiations, that someone will definitely give you $7,500 - $8,000 cash in hand at the very lowest. I would hope so anyway. It's still a Firehawk and there should be plenty of miles left on the car unless it's been beaten to death. Tires and a dent should not be deal breakers and almost every Firebird model has the dreaded door panel crack. Modded cars are much tougher to sell as I am sure you have read here. Sales can be quite a slow process.
Good luck with the sale and your life in the military.
Thanks man!! This decision is killing me and to be honest I am glad I decided to post here first as opposed to instantly going to the vehicle classifieds because the more I think about it, the more I get cold feet. And right now they're ice cold to the point where I am gonna payoff the remaining 1,500 I owe on her and park her until I can figure out what to do project wise.
Old 04-29-2014, 09:33 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 439 Likes on 317 Posts

Originally Posted by 02SLPfirehawk
Thanks man!! This decision is killing me and to be honest I am glad I decided to post here first as opposed to instantly going to the vehicle classifieds because the more I think about it, the more I get cold feet. And right now they're ice cold to the point where I am gonna payoff the remaining 1,500 I owe on her and park her until I can figure out what to do project wise.
If you are in doubt, that sounds like the best decision possible. If there isn't a rush or imperative need for the $$, and you can keep the car in a decent place in the meantime, it is quite smart. Once it's gone, it's gone.
I will say though that if you don't have a decent place for the car, and it will get hurt by the climate or 'critters' up in NY, you might have to weigh that selling option heavily.

Quick Reply: 2002 Trans Am Firehawk