What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

My 99 ws6 a4 salvaged titled

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2014, 08:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Question My 99 ws6 a4 salvaged titled

Runs & drives, bought it wrecked and fixed it around 10 yrs ago..... SALVAGED TITLED 99 ws6, auto, 85k miles, black paint, grey leather interior. Clear coat is coming off in certain places, ac is not working, rearend bearings are making noise not the gears, coolant leaking behind block somewhere, oil leak either front seal or oil pan, dash its self is cracked from accident but air bags didn't deploy and I never replaced the dash. Just need a lil info listed below so I can decide what I wanna do with it as I don't know if I want to sink a lot of money back into it and keep it as a daily driver. That will mean dropping the engine to fix the water & oil leak and replace all gaskets while its out, fixing the ac and one day replace the bearings in the rearend.

What do you think the car is worth complete? Or As a roller?

What is the complete engine/tranny swap worth?

If I part out what do you think I can get if parted out on the Low side value?
Old 06-07-2014, 09:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would part it out if your good with cars. People these days seem to put LSX engines in almost anything. I personally hate salvaged/restored titled cars due to personally knowing how they get put back together. My buddy owns 3 shops and just recently took a completely wrecked 2011 G37 with low miles which he paid $3800 at an auction for, then dumped $4000 into over a span of a week and just sold it for $14900. It's a sick business....

These people go to seminars on how to do this. It's crazy that people still buy these cars.
Old 06-07-2014, 10:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeah I've pulled a few LS engine from cars and trucks in the past. Not hard just time consuming and parts are everywhere until you sell em.

Just need some true values on the drivetrain swap.

Quick Reply: My 99 ws6 a4 salvaged titled