What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

'66 Nova SS w/LS1 & T-56

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2014, 12:19 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default '66 Nova SS w/LS1 & T-56

1966 Nova Super Sport (true 118 car) in Falls Church, VA.

Satin Black, 2004 GTO drivetrain, posi rear, front clip, disc brakes front/drum rear, Purple Hornies exhaust (loud), blacked out trim except no front/rear window trim, custom smoothy bumpers front/rear, custom headers, new carpet, headliner, 2004 GTO leather seats front/rear, Lokar pedals, Billet Interior door handles/window cranks, door handles are shaved w/ solenoids. Caltrac split mono leafs, new gas tank w/ internal fuel pump, Rocket racing wheels w/ new tires, Optima battery in trunk, battery cutoff switch, new weather stripping. Over $35K invested, need to sell before winter.

No A/C or heater.

<400 miles on the car since it was built by Chad Maskrey, who specializes in LSx Nova's and is frequently features in car magazines.

New AutoMeter Muscle Car gauges, Ididit tilt column, Budnik wheel, limited edition shift ****

GTO Leather seats front (power) & rear

'04 GTO LS1/T-56 and aftermarket tubular front clip

No rear trim. The Channel is filled w/ window seal to keep water out and prevent rust
The are a couple cracks you can barely see in photo at seam where top decklid body panel meets fenders.

Trim is new and painted black
Rear trunk trim is off a standard (non-SS)
Yes, it's a real 118 Super Sport

The Vent has 1 that is wavy - no idea what happened here
I have the windshield wipers, just not installed as this car is more for "go" than show and never driven in the rain
No front window trim

Front fender was strapped down when the car was shipped and when door opened it damaged the front of driver door a little. Took the glaze coat off. The car has a few minor dings and a star in top of the drivers fender from one hell of a rock I guess.
Parking brake works fine, just have a 2x4 as my driveway is very steep as an extra precaution
Old 07-05-2014, 08:17 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Ouch, you are gonna get hurt with all that $$ invested. All you can do is try and get what you can out of it. With decent paint jobs costing $5,000+ and all the body work still needed I would try to get half of the prices posted below. Not sure you can get half but give it a try. No harm, right? It's up to you what you will accept. Being a true SS will really help (hope you have documentation). Good luck!
I've listed two completely restored 1966 Novas for you to look at and what they sold for at a serious auction house that sells thousands of cars every year.
$36,000 + BP http://www.mecum.com/lot-detail.cfm?...=DA0913-167327

$35,000 + BP http://www.mecum.com/lot-detail.cfm?...=DA0912-135696
Old 07-05-2014, 10:55 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Ouch, you are gonna get hurt with all that $$ invested. All you can do is try and get what you can out of it. With decent paint jobs costing $5,000+ and all the body work still needed I would try to get half of the prices posted below. Not sure you can get half but give it a try. No harm, right? It's up to you what you will accept. Being a true SS will really help (hope you have documentation). Good luck!
I've listed two completely restored 1966 Novas for you to look at and what they sold for at a serious auction house that sells thousands of cars every year.
$36,000 + BP http://www.mecum.com/lot-detail.cfm?...=DA0913-167327

$35,000 + BP http://www.mecum.com/lot-detail.cfm?...=DA0912-135696
I know I'm gonna eat it on this car...that's what happens when you pay someone to do all the work. I'm thinking of putting it back on the market for $18k firm. It's time to move on.

Thanksl
Bryan
Old 07-06-2014, 07:15 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

You're welcome! GLWS!!
Old 07-06-2014, 07:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Did you build the car or just buy it recently?
I seem to remember seeing this car for sale last summer?
Old 07-06-2014, 08:36 AM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by hardbones
Did you build the car or just buy it recently?
I seem to remember seeing this car for sale last summer?
I remember seeing this on ebay, but can't remember how long ago.
Old 07-06-2014, 08:59 AM
Teching In

It's never been on e-bay - I had it on another site and have posted a couple times here and on other sites.

I bought in 2006, basically a rolling body. Got it on the road in < 1 year with new wiring harness, junk-yard sourced small-block, new carb, 200r trans, and a lot of time finding all the missing parts (glass, window regulators, etc). I'm mechanically inclined and have an electronics background - body work is the only thing I don't do.

I'm in military and received orders to Okinawa, and subsequently deployed several times from there. I wanted to return home to a built car. I found a builder who only does LSx Novas and paid $28k all-up-front (bad idea) and never once saw the car except by photos until delivered to my Dad to hold until I returned from overseas.

There were many issues, missing parts etc and after a couple years I finally got most of the parts (never received rear window trim or wiper motor) and the 20+ issues resolved.

Lots of lessons learned on my side and I will never allow anyone to even turn a wrench on my cars. Bottom-line: I see red when I see the car. I had up for sale last year and was asking too much (I can only presume) and here in DC there's almost no old-car market that I can discern. I have to drive 30-100 miles to go to a car show, save about 3 each year. Most interested just wanted a joy ride, me to burn up my tires, part out the car etc...no serious buyers.

I'm building a '55 Chevy LQ4/T-56 and want to sell this beast and put my time/effort/funds towards my tri-five.

It's fast (after replacing entire fuel system and fixing numerous vacuum leaks). There's minimal rust (was a desert car when I bought it), though the paint is starting to bubble up in a few spots (mainly on front of hood). It just needs some TLC and a new owner.
Old 07-06-2014, 09:18 AM
H8R
Staging Lane

more Info on the drivetrain? Are you saying it has the GTO IRS as well as the engine trans? Is the LS1 stock? what rear is in the car? gears? Picture of front/ rear suspension? The 66-67 nova is my dream car. Nothing will ever come close! I'm well within driving distance (Baltimore Md) I commute to DC everyday. I'm very interested in this car with some more details?

Edit: I see you mention caltracs so SRA
Old 07-06-2014, 01:28 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by H8R
more Info on the drivetrain? Are you saying it has the GTO IRS as well as the engine trans? Is the LS1 stock? what rear is in the car? gears? Picture of front/ rear suspension? The 66-67 nova is my dream car. Nothing will ever come close! I'm well within driving distance (Baltimore Md) I commute to DC everyday. I'm very interested in this car with some more details?

Edit: I see you mention caltracs so SRA
It does not have the IRS (just engine/trans from '04 GTO). It has a 12-bolt rear w/ drums. I'll PM you with more details and pics.
Old 07-06-2014, 02:24 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Must have been a different one. It was similar, nice and clean though! Sent you a pm

Quick Reply: '66 Nova SS w/LS1 & T-56