What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

96 Camaro SS

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2015, 02:12 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 96 Camaro SS

Looking at selling the SS as I need the space and don't really get the opportunities to drive it. I don't have any pictures at the moment, but it is in really good shape.

I bought it from the second owner 1.5 years ago and it has right at 70k miles. It is an Arctic White hardtop M6 with cloth interior and manual seats.

The original wheels are in decent shape and one has a pothole dent, but I will probably throw a set of tires on my TTIIs and put them on the car with the originals included in the sale. The only other damage on the car is a little tap that occurred with the original owner on the rear bumper. There is a little spider-webbing on it. Otherwise, the body is solid and will be detailed.

I still have all of the original paperwork and the factory car cover. It has a Hurst billet shifter, but the original Hurst is still with the car in a box. It has BMR springs, sway bars, and Koni SAs. Everything works great and the car runs hard. As I've seen mentioned, these cars are all over the place in regards to prices they are for sale for. I was thinking about putting it up for $9,500 obo. Am I in the ballpark?

Thanks in advance!
Old 07-25-2015, 05:52 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Probably too high but the OBO is the key in your ad. All you can do is try and see if you get any bites. If not, just start lowering in $1,000 increments until the action starts. Depends how much of a hurry you are in to sell it. If you want to sell quick, it's too high IMO unless those cars are ultra popular in CA.
Old 07-25-2015, 11:12 AM
TECH Apprentice

Not really ultra popular. I can drop it down, but the lowest I've seen them sell for is about $6,000 and it wasnt in as good of shape with more miles. I'll probably start there and move it down like you said if I don't get any bites.

Thanks!
Old 07-28-2015, 10:45 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

$7500-$8500 seems to be the common asking price this year. I have seen quite a few ads come up and be removed around that price range so either they are selling or the owner decided for other plans. Artic White being one of the more rare colors along with a hardtop I could see you definitely making a sale in that price range but it is also very dependent on being for sale at the right time as their is a very limited amount of buyers who want LTSS cars.

Yours sounds like it is in very good condition so assuming as such I would throw this ad
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...76668663&Log=0

and say I felt when I ran across it that it was fairly priced. In assessing the (2) I would think if yours was comparatively priced and/or cheaper that buyer would opt for your car. Again the key to making a sale in a decent timeframe is edging the market by comparing yours to what else is available and setting yourself up for success.

With a car like a 1996 SS with very limited production their are only a few on the market at the time so if you assess those cars in relation to yours and reflect your price appropriately you get the upperhand when the select few buyers who actually have interest in 1996 cars actually come looking. Personally if I was to throw you a number I would say list her at $8500 and I think you will make a fairly short sale of it and that's not to far from what you were initially wanting.

Last edited by Bandits96ss; 07-28-2015 at 10:54 AM.
Old 07-28-2015, 11:19 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Bandits96ss
$7500-$8500 seems to be the common asking price this year. I have seen quite a few ads come up and be removed around that price range so either they are selling or the owner decided for other plans. Artic White being one of the more rare colors along with a hardtop I could see you definitely making a sale in that price range but it is also very dependent on being for sale at the right time as their is a very limited amount of buyers who want LTSS cars.

Yours sounds like it is in very good condition so assuming as such I would throw this ad
http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-s...76668663&Log=0

and say I felt when I ran across it that it was fairly priced. In assessing the (2) I would think if yours was comparatively priced and/or cheaper that buyer would opt for your car. Again the key to making a sale in a decent timeframe is edging the market by comparing yours to what else is available and setting yourself up for success.

With a car like a 1996 SS with very limited production their are only a few on the market at the time so if you assess those cars in relation to yours and reflect your price appropriately you get the upperhand when the select few buyers who actually have interest in 1996 cars actually come looking. Personally if I was to throw you a number I would say list her at $8500 and I think you will make a fairly short sale of it and that's not to far from what you were initially wanting.
I really appreciate the advice. I was actually leaning towards starting off at $8,500. I really like the car but the living arrangements are going to change soon so that I won't have room for it. At this point it is in better shape than my Z28, but I bought that car new and I have no plans to get rid of it. This one has to go.

I have a few things to get dialed in on it and then I will snap some photos for your thread.

Thanks again!
Old 07-29-2015, 10:07 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

No problem sorry to hear that your situation puts you in the scenario that you have to let the car go. It sounds like a very nice car and I look forward to the car ****.

Quick Reply: 96 Camaro SS