What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1995 firehawk

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2016, 08:56 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 1995 firehawk

how much is this bad boy worth. 1995 firehawk#0478, 102,457 miles on it. white, 6 speed, hard top, leather interior, totl exhaust, all original.
id rate the exterior at 7 out of 10, a few spots where the clear is starting to peel. the firehawk decals are looking a bit worn. interior is 8 out of 10. no cracked dash or door panels. drivers side bolster is worn through.
car lived its life in georgia so underneath is pretty clean. has a few little things wrong here and there. power intenna doesnt work, windshield has some lite scratching where the last owner failed to replace the windshield wipers. engine and transmission are sound, clutch is good. solid car but it has been driven.
Old 03-19-2016, 02:24 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

My brother in law had a 94 firehawk 148K. 6 speed, hard top, upgraded suspension, strange 12 bolt with 4.10 gears, electric cutouts, new dash pad, etc. His was stupid clean inside and out, way better than any other 4th gen that I have seen. Best offer he got was $7.5k and he took it.

It's sad, the LT1 hawks just don't bring anywhere near what an LS1 would.
Old 03-20-2016, 08:37 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Higher mileage cars just don't bring the $$$ usually. Rare/unusual models included.
I was at an auction yesterday (Corvette Expo in TN) and saw a 2000 T/A (WS6) 'vert bid up to a lousy $7,200. That's it. Only had mileage in the 70 thousand range too. Certainly not what I think of as high miles. It caught my eye naturally and was a really NICE ride when I looked at it closely. Certainly a #2 or #2- car. So disappointing to see that low bidding. He was smart to have a reserve on the car and drove it back home, otherwise someone would have 'stole it' at that money. I took a picture of it. Click on it to blow it up if you want.
1995 firehawk-dsc00983.jpg
Old 03-20-2016, 03:36 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Higher mileage cars just don't bring the $$$ usually. Rare/unusual models included.
I was at an auction yesterday (Corvette Expo in TN) and saw a 2000 T/A (WS6) 'vert bid up to a lousy $7,200. That's it. Only had mileage in the 70 thousand range too. Certainly not what I think of as high miles. It caught my eye naturally and was a really NICE ride when I looked at it closely. Certainly a #2 or #2- car. So disappointing to see that low bidding. He was smart to have a reserve on the car and drove it back home, otherwise someone would have 'stole it' at that money. I took a picture of it. Click on it to blow it up if you want.
Attachment 532024
Auctions are weird sometimes. I've personally seen in the last few years:

92 ZR1 corvette - $7k
2011 Mustang GT - $12k
82 Corvette in near perfect condition - $3700
05 Duramax 4x4 - $6800
02 Camaro SS 70K - $4k
2015 "Factory Prototype" 512hp Paxton supercharged Mustang V6 - $25k.

Then I've seen the most random **** like a clapped out 89 town car go for $5k and a 400K mile 05 civic go for $2900.

Sports cars in general just don't sell at auction.
Old 04-10-2016, 04:56 PM
On The Tree

i paid 3800$ for the hawk. had been looking for either an lt1 ss, or an lt1 hawk. ive only ever seen one other lt1 firehawk in person.
Old 04-10-2016, 07:38 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Attachment 532024
I'd have gladly paid up to $9K-$10K for a clean example of a 70k mile WS6 vert. Clean is the issue though. It's possible the bidders knew the car had a strong reserve and just didn't bid. At some auctions I've attended I just stopped bidding when I knew the reserve was much higher or I was bidding against the "book" or "potted plant" in the back corner....lol. Put that same car on most any dealer's lot in mid-summer and it would fly off the lot at $10K, especially if an M6.

I'm sure there are lots of back room deals at car auctions. I've done collectible auctions since the mid-1970's and have often seen dealers pool together or agree not to bid on some items so that they all buy "right" and make money. I see it time and time again. Should professional car auctions be different, especially when most in attendance are dealers or major collector/player types? I recall one auction in Beverly Hills in summer of 2002 where I was an active bidder/buyer and won half a dozen lots in that auction. When a particular lot that I loved open very weakly on the floor at $1500 I nearly choked. It didn't get any additional bids. Nada. I had written down to bid up to $3,000 on that lot. What did I miss? Was it screwed with or altered? I decided safer not to bid than to buy a "trouble" item that "no dealer" on the floor was willing to bid on. And this was a national auction where typically the top 100-300 dealers in the country always show up. After the lot closed, I turned around and asked a long time dealer that I knew well "what just happened?" He said, a bunch of the boyz thought that lot was so special that they all pooled in on it (4-6 of them) not wanting to run themselves up. He might have been one of them. They got the lot stupidly cheap and probably doubled up or tripled up on it. That lot could have been wholesaled to most any major dealer for $2500.
Old 04-11-2016, 09:25 AM
TECH Junkie

^^^ Too many shenanigans going on. That's depressing but part of life. You just have to rely on your own knowledge and not be influenced by others. Stick to your price or whether to bid or not. If you make a mistake on your own volition, you can live with that.
Way back in the 80's my wife and I went to a real estate auction where they were selling lots in a subdivision in FL where we wanted to build a house. No one knew what to bid on the first lot so my wife and I used our pre-auction opinion and won the lot for a very fair price as we were the only bidders. After that the auction prices went up and never came back down to the price we paid. If the reverse happened, and we paid too much, that's life. It wouldn't have been too bad anyway because of our research.
Old 04-19-2016, 07:46 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by groundZ-28ERO
i paid 3800$ for the hawk. had been looking for either an lt1 ss, or an lt1 hawk. ive only ever seen one other lt1 firehawk in person.
For $3800 you got a good deal....I follow the LT1 market pretty heavily and all though things move slow that is a $5-6K car all day. Most LT1 Hawks are typically in the $7.5-10K range and sit on the market for years the ones I see sell are under $6000.

If your thinking about selling let me know as I am not quite sure what this post was about (to tell if you got a good deal or if your looking to sell). Also I noted that you were interested in LT1 SS I have one if you would still be interested in purchasing shoot me a PM.
Old 06-02-2016, 07:20 PM
On The Tree

i havent been checking this thread, but i sold it, 6,000$ out the door.
Old 06-03-2016, 06:29 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by groundZ-28ERO
i havent been checking this thread, but i sold it, 6,000$ out the door.
Nice 'flip'. $2200 is impressive. Getting it for $3800 was the key.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:51 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice 'flip'. $2200 is impressive. Getting it for $3800 was the key.
Even at that the buyer still got a reasonable deal on the vehicle as well. I personally would have paid $5k or so for the vehicle as the White HT Hawk is one of my favorite LT models.

Hopefully it went to a good home and is maintained accordingly. These low production models are seeming even less available due to the poor market value and many of them being scraped and striped. I hope in 15 or 20 years there will still be some around and I hope to one day build a decent collection of them.
Old 06-13-2016, 09:25 PM
On The Tree

it went to a good home, the buyer said he owns 4 ss camaros, a ws6 and a 97 hawk. im probably going to regret selling it later. its getting to be almost impossible to find cleaner ones anymore.

Quick Reply: 1995 firehawk