What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

High mileage LS1 value

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2016, 12:44 AM
Launching!

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default High mileage LS1 value

I've got the stock motor pulled out and am getting ready to drop this 416 in. So I'm trying to get a ballpark on what this LS1 is worth.

Bone stock intake to oil pan. It has 175k miles. Ran great when pulled. I've never had to do anything other than regular maintenance. Typical cold start piston slap, no other noises. I never swapped over to the newer style pcv so it used a little oil. When I was driving it daily, it would normally lose 1-1.5 qts within the 3-4k mile intervals I changed it at. I pulled the valve covers and it's definitely been burning a little. On the bright side, there was no sludge build up at all. I can say pretty confidently that the pcv is the culprit, but I'll be disclosing all of that info to any potential buyer.

I'll be reusing the computer, harness, and most of the accessories and brackets on the new one. The only parts of the accessory drive that will remain on the engine will be the crank pulley and water pump. All sensors, coils, exhaust manifolds, etc. will go with it as well.

I also plan to try to sell the 4L60E with it. It had been replaced prior to me owning the car, so I can't verify the mileage on it. Again, to be transparent, that will also be disclosed.

So with all that said, I'm just trying to establish a fair price on this combo. Not trying to gouge anyone. A lot of my friends are interested so naturally I'd make them a better deal than I would a stranger. Thanks in advance

Quick Reply: High mileage LS1 value