What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

2002 Camaro Z28 35th Anniversary

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2016, 11:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2002 Camaro Z28 35th Anniversary

2002 Camaro Z28 LS1 virgin ENGINE 66k original miles no cracks in dash,ebony leather interior , spohn performance suspension parts : subframe connectors ,drive shaft safety loop,lower control arms and relocation brackets, torque arm and relocation bracket,sway bars front and rear, strut trower brace, lowering springs, struts and shocks , 3:73 gears Eaton Detroit true trac locker, full length headers , flow master catback exhuast, SLP air box and K&N air filter car does have a Rebuilt Title but car is in overall Great condition

, what do you think the value is? I was hoping to start at 10k but feel that maybe unrealistic what do you guys think?
Old 10-26-2016, 08:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

What kind of rebuilt title/accident? First thing that jumps out to me is the glossy paint on the front shock/strut towers. That's nicer paint than on most exteriors. Front end damage? Is that red paint showing through a cut open rear seat cover?

Not sure what a "virgin" engine is at 66K miles. With all those mods and the 3.73's I suspect that engine has received its share of abuse and lost "virgin" status a long time ago. And a virgin engine doesn't mean much on a rebuilt title. No way to estimate a reasonable value without more information. $5K to $8K is the best I could do w/o knowing more. Most buyers will severely reduce the value of a car with a problem title. If this car were a nice original 66K, it would be worth around $9K. Rebuilt title might reduce that by 30%.
Old 10-27-2016, 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by Firebrian
What kind of rebuilt title/accident? First thing that jumps out to me is the glossy paint on the front shock/strut towers. That's nicer paint than on most exteriors. Front end damage? Is that red paint showing through a cut open rear seat cover?

Not sure what a "virgin" engine is at 66K miles. With all those mods and the 3.73's I suspect that engine has received its share of abuse and lost "virgin" status a long time ago. And a virgin engine doesn't mean much on a rebuilt title. No way to estimate a reasonable value without more information. $5K to $8K is the best I could do w/o knowing more. Most buyers will severely reduce the value of a car with a problem title. If this car were a nice original 66K, it would be worth around $9K. Rebuilt title might reduce that by 30%.

Yes it was in a front end Collison bumper, fender and hood were replaced , by virgin i meant nobodys has tried putting in a cam, heads ,or any work to it ,there is no repaint in engine bay just clear coat l, i thought it would look nicer ,and the suspension was tired so instead of just replace shocks i did more and car handles awesome now!! I barley drive the car just around the block to run the fluids through and keep the battery charged and I don't abuse the car. thanks for your input
Old 10-27-2016, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Jacob Gonzalez
Yes it was in a front end Collison bumper, fender and hood were replaced , by virgin i meant nobodys has tried putting in a cam, heads ,or any work to it ,there is no repaint in engine bay just clear coat l, i thought it would look nicer ,and the suspension was tired so instead of just replace shocks i did more and car handles awesome now!! I barley drive the car just around the block to run the fluids through and keep the battery charged and I don't abuse the car. thanks for your input
And the seat was out in the back because i was cleaning underneath
Old 10-29-2016, 02:05 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Based on the rebuilt title, plus only being a Z28 with an A4 trans, I can't see this car bringing anything close to $10k. I think $8-9k would be more realistic with a clean title, but with the accident history and title issues you might have to go substantially lower - especially since A4 Z28s are not in high demand to being with.
Old 10-30-2016, 07:25 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

Sorry but $5k is more realistic for this 'bad title' car. I wouldn't pay more and I would not recommend paying more to any friends of mine. That's the way it is, whether fair or not. Too much of a gamble to pay good $$ when there are clean title cars out there for under $10k.
Good luck with your sale but I'm glad you asked for opinions. No need to get your hopes up just to be disappointed later. Also don't get too discouraged with the progress at this time of year. Sales will slow down right now through the holiday season. Not just your car, but ALL cars.
Old 11-02-2016, 04:35 PM

Default Sold

Originally Posted by NC01TA
Sorry but $5k is more realistic for this 'bad title' car. I wouldn't pay more and I would not recommend paying more to any friends of mine. That's the way it is, whether fair or not. Too much of a gamble to pay good $$ when there are clean title cars out there for under $10k.
Good luck with your sale but I'm glad you asked for opinions. No need to get your hopes up just to be disappointed later. Also don't get too discouraged with the progress at this time of year. Sales will slow down right now through the holiday season. Not just your car, but ALL cars.
Thanks for all your input guys i actually sold the car for $8,000 guy love the car and the suspension work didn't care about the title being rebuilt he said you can't even tell it was in an accident again thanks for all your opinions.
Old 11-03-2016, 11:55 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Thanks for all your input guys i actually sold the car for $8,000 guy love the car and the suspension work didn't care about the title being rebuilt he said you can't even tell it was in an accident again thanks for all your opinions.
Rebuilt titles don't mean near what they used to. Usually 20% off the value, unless it was flood or fire damage. Congrats on the sale.
Old 11-04-2016, 07:10 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 442 Likes on 319 Posts

NICE!! You lucked out BIG TIME in my opinion. I think I can see your smile from here
Old 11-04-2016, 12:07 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,488 Likes on 1,071 Posts

Originally Posted by NC01TA
NICE!! You lucked out BIG TIME in my opinion. I think I can see your smile from here

I agree. There was recently a local car directly comparable to this one in all ways (miles, options, light mods, apparent condition, etc.) that had trouble selling for $8500. The price came down to $7500 before it sold. And it had a perfectly clean title.

Once in a while, luck strikes us all!

Quick Reply: 2002 Camaro Z28 35th Anniversary