What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Pulling trigger on 02 trans am. Sound like a good deal?

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2016, 04:37 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I will keep my thread going. It was a dealer trade in 2 owners clean car fax. I hear you about the classic dealers. The owner is one the local Z doctor expert type. He has owned plenty of f body's and mustangs.

He he sells everything, w both came to the same conclusion. Never been wrecked, engine solid(looks new under hood), inside and body needs tlc.

i will need brakes, tires, alignment, belt, pulley, AC clutch. Looks like it just had a major service. But I will do all fluids and rubber too.

then drive it and figure out engine and tranny.
Old 11-15-2016, 05:53 AM
12 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Looks very nice man. I'd hold off on rear tires if you can, or go ahead and get drag radials. You need them once you get a good stall. I was re al hesitate to get a 3600, but very glad I did.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:15 AM
On The Tree

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks I will hold off on the tires. Get the rest running right. Still shopping wheels. Falling for the Miro 111 but also looking at the c7 zr1 in 17s'

Engine runs strong and I think main bang for buck and improve drive ability would be a tranny tune up with new stall and a 3.23 or 3.46 gear set. That will give me more SOTP and Track time then anything in the engine and improve daily driving. (Since tranny is original 146k)

That and a tune up, lid, catback and tune and eventually a cam only swap.
Old 11-17-2016, 07:18 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have the same black 02 TA, although an M6. Trans am is way better looking than a same year Camaro.....catfish...eww..Now you need white LED headlights and fog lights, brass head lights gears, new tail lights from gm parts direct. Maybe change the carpet. Fix any dash or door panel cracks. Go to your nearest junk yard and start getting extra parts. Power antenna, lights, panels......Get 2 doors, driver & passenger, these are hard to find in good shape. I had a mechanic break one, it had a bad sag. I now have 2 spares. Get gauge cluster and spare ttops. The list goes on.
Old 11-18-2016, 12:03 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,069 Posts

Originally Posted by trex600450
Trans am is way better looking than a same year Camaro.....catfish...eww..
I couldn't disagree more. The bird beak front, especially on the non-WS6 cars, is no better than the catfish IMO.
Old 11-20-2016, 07:50 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 4th gen Camaros, both the LS1 and LT1, front ends are .........hideous. The 3rd gen Iroc style and 5th gen Camaros both look good, but not as good as a 4th gen TA with a RAM air hood. Obviously, the Ram air hood, although a gimmick, is what makes a 4th gen TA, look like a 4th gen TA. Both my TA's came without the RAM air hood. Both cars have it. Totally makes or breaks the appearance factor.
Old 11-21-2016, 02:12 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,486 Likes on 1,069 Posts

Originally Posted by trex600450
The 4th gen Camaros, both the LS1 and LT1, front ends are .........hideous. The 3rd gen Iroc style and 5th gen Camaros both look good, but not as good as a 4th gen TA with a RAM air hood. Obviously, the Ram air hood, although a gimmick, is what makes a 4th gen TA, look like a 4th gen TA. Both my TA's came without the RAM air hood. Both cars have it. Totally makes or breaks the appearance factor.
I sold my WS6 Trans Am, that I bought brand new, specifically to get back into a 4th gen Camaro. I have zero regrets in doing so. With age, my tastes changed and Camaro became my preference. I would certainly still buy a Trans Am again, WS6 or not, if the car and deal were right, but I prefer the cleaner appearance of Camaro. Formula is a close second.

I'm glad you find Camaro hideous. The more people who feel this way, the lower it will keep prices for those of us who prefer them.

Quick Reply: Pulling trigger on 02 trans am. Sound like a good deal?