What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

1999 MBM Firebird

Search this Thread

Old 01-22-2017, 08:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 1999 MBM Firebird

I was pretty stoked to finally find one.

1999 Medium Blue Metallic Firebird. 136k original miles. Grey cloth interior. V6. Had a rough couple of year but I spent all weekend bringing her back to life.

My Question is...........

I am curious of value? I have searched far and wide to fine history of one being sold so I could compare it to mine and get an idea of what it is worth? I cannot find one anywhere. My search has only told me 30 were made originally.

Does anyone have a clue of value in fair condition?

I would post pics but I don't know how to.
Old 01-23-2017, 09:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 437 Likes on 316 Posts

I really like that color. I'd like to see your car if you figure out how to post a photo or two.
Now the bad news. A V6 with that mileage is going to have almost no collector value despite the color. Would someone give you an extra $1,000 for it?? Possibly, if the car was just what they wanted to drive and enjoy. Expect KBB book value in your zip code for what someone will actually pay. If you sell, definitely ask a little higher describing the rarity of that color. If no bites, it's priced too high.
Don't feel bad about it being a V6. Even an LS1 wouldn't bring much extra for a fair condition, 100k+ miles car. Premiums for a rare color are reserved mostly for much lower mileage good to excellent condition examples.
Old 01-23-2017, 08:23 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I put it up for $2,200 with my fingers crossed. I appreciate the reply. I agree the 100k plus mileage hurts. Even if it is under 8k miles a year.
Old 01-24-2017, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Even if the car had 65K miles I think more than a 5-10% premium vs. other colors would have been hard to get for a V6. I could see a 20-25% color premium on a choice V8 version with under 30K miles.

Quick Reply: 1999 MBM Firebird