What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

Firehawk

Old 02-12-2017, 05:37 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Firehawk

So it's time to put the Firehawk up for Sale.

99 Formula Coupe w/ Firehawk wheels.

Good:

Car is #70 of the total build numbers of Firehawks that year. And is only 1 of 2 that has the Firehawk Wheels option out of the 4 built in Bright Red with a Manual transmission. Car gas the ULTRA-RARE TOTL (two-on-the-left) SLP exhaust. I have had multiple F-body owners stop me wanting to purchase just the exhaust when I drove it around 4 years ago.

Car has the hood and front-end re-painted due to fading of the SLP stock paint. I completed this about 3 years ago. Overall paint is in very good condition. No dents on the body, just usual light wear due to sun.

Car has been garaged and has 96K mile on the engine and body. I have not registered the car for a couple of years and basically have been storing it. I have a full clean title on the car.

New fuel pump and filter installed. New plugs and wires installed about a year ago.

Only performance modification I can see is a SLP lid. It somewhat fits though due to it being an original SLP car.

Bad:

Car seems to have a bad iginition switch which I am having my mechanic look at. Currently does not run.

Previous owner has the heater core delete option, but I have the new hardlines and rubber hoses included with the car.

AC does not work and will need a recharge.

I think the rear main seal needs replacement due to a slight leak under the car which is common with any LS1.

Reason for Sale:

Moved and I only have a 2 car garage now. One car has to go to make room for family cars now.

Let me know what you guys would think is a fair price in "as-is" condition before I get it fixed up. Any serious interested parties can PM me. Rare car in good condition that would be exceptional with someone who can work on her during the weekends.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails Firehawk-20151226_133833.jpg   Firehawk-20151226_133843.jpg   Firehawk-20151226_133907.jpg   Firehawk-20151226_133850.jpg  
Old 02-12-2017, 05:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

Non running, no A/C, no heat, and an oil leak, I think you're lucky to get more than $3500 for it.

Get it running, $7K, get the a/c and heat fixed, $10k.
Old 02-12-2017, 06:57 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,462 Likes on 1,054 Posts

The no A/C and no heat condition is certainly a strike against it, but may not be worth fixing prior to sale. However, the non-running condition would be a deal breaker for me; I'd have to get the car at roughly half of the otherwise fair market value to consider it without being able to test any of the mechanicals or even know for sure what might be the problem. If it were mine, I would be sure to get that corrected prior to listing it or considering pricing, IMO.

Car looks nice otherwise. Not a ton of collector value at nearly 100k miles, but still a cool looking Firehawk Formula - which is hard to find. Assuming the interior is as nice as the exterior, it's definitely a car worth fixing up IMO. But it wouldn't interest me in a non-running state unless it was at giveaway pricing. Other folks might feel differently, so they may have better ideas on value.

Side note - I do love that exhaust. I had it on one of mine for a couple of years, wish I had kept the system. Too bad SLP didn't continue to offer this as an original option on these cars in the LS1 years (dual/dual was nice for the Trans Am bumper cars, but 2OTL looks great with the Formula/Camaro bumper - and 2OTL sounds better IMO.)
Old 02-12-2017, 07:08 PM
TECH Resident

I'll be working on getting the car running this week. Yeah interior is good, but its still 96 k. I would like to see it go to someone who is going to keep it stock and fix it up.

Cool looking car though, just can't keep it around the garage.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:26 AM
Launching!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Nice looking car as well as the QSM Goat in the background lol....

You defiantely have a piece of art work here. Generally speaking it seems like the Trans Ams firehawks have a lot more interest than the Formula Firehawks. This being said I feel like you could prob snag $4 to $5K as is for someone looking for a cheap project car. The net difference though of you fixing all the issues suggested I honestly think you cap is as suggested by the other guy somewhere in that $10-$11k range just due to mileage.

Wish I had a large storage barn and $50K to throw around. Some of the deals I have been seeing on fairly low mileage and/or rare option/models have been crazy.
Old 02-13-2017, 07:50 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Formula, Hard Top, six speed makes it worth money forever. There are less people that want a formula but they tend to be enthusiasts and know the value in a rare car. I sold a 00' Formula, hard top, six speed car with 74k on the clock six months or so ago. I got 10,500 for it andoesn't wouldn't have taken a penny less. I'd say your car will bring seven not fixed and 8-9k fixed. If you want to give it away like some on here are suggesting, shoot me a PM and I'll hop a plain. And I'm not even in the market for a car.
Old 02-13-2017, 10:17 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

In my area back in Dec 2011 a Honda dealer (East Hartford, CT) had a 2000 Firehawk formula in silver/pewter hardtop, M6 with 28K miles....one of 4 or 6 built as I recall. Looked like a real nice car. They put it on Ebay 3X over several months and couldn't get it to sell/stick. Highest price bid was in the $13's. The last time up it reached the middle $12's. As I recall they would have been very happy to take $13K for it. I was tempted to go up and look at it for $12K but was still looking for an A4 at that time. Just goes to show that prices, rarity, and popularity can vary quite a bit over time. At that point in time no one seemed to care.

Last edited by Firebrian; 02-13-2017 at 10:27 AM.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

FYI, i think the RF wheel needs to be switch with the LR wheel, tread pattern is going the wrong direction.

great looking car though, I would get it running before you try and sell it.
Old 02-14-2017, 06:59 PM
TECH Resident

Yeah it goes to show the car has been sitting that long that I haven't even got it on the lift.

I'm listing it here in PHX for anyone that wants to make an offer and have it looked at locally and towed to their residence.
Old 02-15-2017, 08:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Car looks fairly priced. It would be hard for me not to enter negotiations with you if you were near me. GLWS

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Firehawk