What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

01 or 02 TA with 224k

Old 02-12-2017, 01:37 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 01 or 02 TA with 224k

I am going to look at this car in depth next weekend. It has been cosmetically neglected. It is supposed to run and drive. Tires seemed to be holding air, seats are toast, headlights are stuck in the upright position. It does have the m6, t tops and an aftermarket ws6 hood.

Do you think it's worth the price of at least a roller car? I wish I could explain more details but I only had time to do a quick once over and get their number.
Old 02-12-2017, 02:09 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,459 Likes on 1,052 Posts

Originally Posted by fattyz28
Do you think it's worth the price of at least a roller car?
Maybe, maybe not. You said that it's cosmetically neglected and the interior has some significant issues; sometimes rollers have really nice paint/body and pretty decent interior so just the fact that this one runs and drives may not make up for all the cosmetic issues. If the WS6 hood was an OEM piece that would certainly boost value by a decent amount since those are in demand; being aftermarket I'm not sure if it helps value at all (depends on fitment quality and condition.) The M6 trans is certainly worth something, as is the engine (assuming it's not shot, or even if it is the LS6 intake still has value.) I'm no expert on the value of cars of this nature, but based on what you've described it might be fair to price it the same as a decent roller, if the engine still seems healthy.
Old 02-12-2017, 09:53 PM
Teching In

I'm kinda torn about it. Part of me wants to tinker around with it for "therapeutic relief". The other part of me wants to hold out and get a 6th gen next year if everything goes as planned.

I know if I put too much in it I'll never get it back because of the miles. I've had 5 4th gens over the years but not a TA.

I guess I'll make the decision next weekend.
Old 02-22-2017, 12:36 PM
Launching!

Received 35 Likes on 25 Posts

I'd offer 4k
Old 02-22-2017, 12:39 PM
TECH Resident

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I got a very very very very very very well maintained 2000 B4C Camaro with 204k miles on it with a replaced transmission and a replaced 10 bolt. I paid 2,500 and it was painted well with damaged fixed from the right front. Looked amazing and drove amazing.
Old 02-22-2017, 09:04 PM
Teching In

Things aren't looking good on the deal. I couldn't make it by Saturday, so I told him I would Monday and he couldn't meet me plus he said he couldn't get it to start. I may hear back from him, I may not.

By the way, 4 grand is steep unless there are some documents to justify that price.

Search this Thread