What is it Worth? Use this forum to get feedback on vehicle prices - for selling or buying

What's it's worth 2001 WS6 M6

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2017, 09:27 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What's it's worth 2001 WS6 M6

So I'm kicking around the idea of getting rid of my car for something else still undecided.
List of all modifications
prc 2.5 heads were 243's
tsunami v2 cam 235 240 .618 .615 111lsa
ls7 lifters
ls2 lifter trays
Ls6 Valley cover
catch can
Texas speed under drive pulley
ported ls6 oil pump
ls2 timing chain
comp trunion rocker upgrade
msd wires
42lb injectors
slp flopac
Monster stage 2 clutch
lightweight flywheel
tick master
stainless works lt headers
stainless works y pipe no cats
Flowmaster catback
qtp cutout before axle
UMI strut tower brace
UMI roto joint rear lower control arms double adjustable chromoly
UMI lca relocation brackets
UMI frame connectors weld on
stainless steel soft brake lines
fayys2 wattslink
Koni 4/4 adjustable shocks
strano springs
strano front sway bar
strano rear 3 way adjustable sway bar
powder coated black zr1 wheels 17x9.5 17x11
nt05s front 275 315 rear
4in corsa clone tips
headlight and fog light hid conversion
pro50 shifter with short stick

-parts not installed will go with car
Sjm abs delete with line lock
nitrous outlet 78mm plate kit
bottle heater
lnc2000
innovate nitrous controller/wide band
purge kit
ractronix fuel pump with hot wire kit

The car is a 2001 WS6 red six speed car, i got the car about 4 years ago completely stock with 36k
suspension was done at 42k with clutch. Engine was done at 52k the car now has 63k on it. Never driven in the rain garage kept stored in the winters. Car has zero rust, has a few small dimples on the tops of the 1/4s and a noticable scratch on the drivers door about 1in long. Title would have one insurance claim, car got bumped in a parking lot and spider cracked the bumper so I had it sanded and repainted. I have done all work on this car and have receipts for all parts listed except for catback and nitrous kit as I didn't buy them new. Car made 448 and 407 to the wheels and is a blast to drive. Zero issues you can get in it and drive it anywhere, interior is perfect and the undercarriage is spotless.
Only rust on the car is on the rearend and the Flowmaster cat back had a slight bit when I purchased it.

just trying to gauge price not interest as this car is not for sale yet.

Last edited by Quick84gt; 03-25-2017 at 09:34 AM. Reason: For got to list some parts
Old 03-25-2017, 09:50 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

I always figure the owner of modified cars probably know the value better than anyone. It's probably worth more today than when you bought it stock with 36K miles 4 years ago. I'm going to guess that was around $14K-$16K. The mileage depreciation from 36K to 63K is about $2,000 imo. I would think your mods added at least additional value. But, you could best answer what % of the money placed into those mods transfers to the next owner.

I'd still put the car in the $14K-$16K range. It shouldn't be worth more than say a bone stock, 1 owner, 2001 WS6 M6 with 15K-25K miles....or about $17K. It's very clean and still looks like the same 36K miles it had 4 yrs ago. If bone stock today at 63K miles, I'd have put it in the $12K-$13K range. There are some anti-mod enthusiasts that would pick that price range, giving zero value for the engine/handling/suspension mods.

You're located up near RPM WS6 who knows the Chicago area pricing very well.

Last edited by Firebrian; 03-25-2017 at 09:55 AM.

Quick Reply: What's it's worth 2001 WS6 M6