Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

FUZION zri Tires. need advice

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2008, 03:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FUZION zri Tires. need advice

should i buy a set of 4 245-50-16 FUZION zri tires before my road trip to los angeles from iowa? or should i just wait till i get to los angeles? i leave wednesday. its a 1800 mile drive. im aware that these are summer tires, do u think they can handle this trip with the current weather? thanks
Old 10-28-2008, 07:27 AM
TECH Resident

I bought those tires and whatever caused the hydroplaning put some fear into me. Perhaps it was a unique stretch of road because once I exited that section of concrete expressway the floating stopped. I was 95% certain I would not make it. I felt the car was going out of control at any moment and because it was a high speed road with traffic, I couldn't slow enough to stop the incredible wandering. Tire Rack gives the fuzion good marks on wet surfaces but whatever I was into was unlike anything I had experienced other than black ice.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:20 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them on my car and they are good tires for the price, I dont think you can bash a tire from one bad experience. I have had them on my T/A and my camaro, and if I needed another set I would but them again.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:23 AM
Banned

i currently have them. They're great for the price. I say get em'
Old 10-28-2008, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

have had them on 2 vehicles, and have had very little issues. Sometimes when you get that real heavy downpoor all at once, and there is like 2 inches of water on the roads you have to slow down, and watch the hydroplaning. Other than that, nothing. I will be getting another set Sat. for the camaro.
Old 10-28-2008, 05:28 PM
On The Tree

I have them too and for the money they are a good tire. No issues great ride and handling. Your going to hydroplane on most performance tires, just need to watch your speed in the rain.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:59 PM
TECH Apprentice

yes I know the zri series are ****. But thanks for Thebes assurance fellas. What my question really was was whether or not I should get them after my drive to Cali from iowa running on my almost worn h rated tires or should I getbthem before my trip?
Old 10-29-2008, 12:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 01Z28M6
I bought those tires and whatever caused the hydroplaning put some fear into me. Perhaps it was a unique stretch of road because once I exited that section of concrete expressway the floating stopped. I was 95% certain I would not make it. I felt the car was going out of control at any moment and because it was a high speed road with traffic, I couldn't slow enough to stop the incredible wandering. Tire Rack gives the fuzion good marks on wet surfaces but whatever I was into was unlike anything I had experienced other than black ice.

If that particular area hadn't any rain in a while, there was possibly oil/contaminants on the road that the rain loosened, but hadn't washed away yet, causing a loss of traction.
Old 10-29-2008, 09:40 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nickstock98t/a
What my question really was was whether or not I should get them after my drive to Cali from iowa running on my almost worn h rated tires or should I getbthem before my trip?
Get them before you go on your trip, running on almost worn out tires can be dangerous for your and your cars health
BTW I had the Zri's on my T/A for a while, and had no problems in the rain.
Old 10-29-2008, 10:19 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

i had the 255/50/17's and they were great in the rain

i would suggest getting new tires, you never know when it might start raining, or you get a blow out in the middle of nowhere on your old ones
Old 10-30-2008, 12:59 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Fuzion's are damn good tires for the price but suck in the rain like everyone else says... i work for Firestone and we have sold them for forever but last month they are now Discontinued through us....i dont know if they are going to be completely ended or not...firestone makes them but does not sell them in consumer firestones now...haha?
Old 10-30-2008, 07:51 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 2fast97Z
Fuzion's are damn good tires for the price but suck in the rain like everyone else says... i work for Firestone and we have sold them for forever but last month they are now Discontinued through us....i dont know if they are going to be completely ended or not...firestone makes them but does not sell them in consumer firestones now...haha?
GREAT!!

I just bought a set, and I hate having discontinued tires. Something happens to one (nail, etc.) and you can't get a replacement. Funny thing is, I called B'stone/F'stone before I bought them, and asked if they were being dropped in the near future. They said "no"....
Old 10-30-2008, 08:13 AM
11 Second Club

I had a set and liked them a lot, they are a good tire for the money, only reason I got rid of them was a change in rim sizes. I would buy them again that's for sure.

Quick Reply: FUZION zri Tires. need advice