Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

15" wheels on 96 trans am?

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2008, 03:45 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 15" wheels on 96 trans am?

just wondering if i can fit some 15" rims on my car without having to grind the caliper at all. looking to get some welds and throw slicks on it for the summer. thanks in advance guys!
Old 11-03-2008, 04:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

You can buy Bogarts for like 4000 dollars, and not grind...or you can buy Billet Specialties and grind a TINY bit in the front, infact you may not have to at all for LT1 brakes, or you can buy Welds, and grind a little on all 4.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:49 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ok cuz im just lookin for some rims to get so i can put slicks on them
Old 11-03-2008, 04:54 PM
11 Second Club

In that case, I'd pick up two stock 16x8s and put 26x11.5-16 ET Street slicks on them.
Old 11-03-2008, 04:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

ive got the mickey thompson et drag radials on them right now
Old 11-03-2008, 08:00 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro396
You can buy Bogarts for like 4000 dollars, and not grind...or you can buy Billet Specialties and grind a TINY bit in the front, infact you may not have to at all for LT1 brakes, or you can buy Welds, and grind a little on all 4.
Thank you once again, Mr. informative. Don't listen to this 19 year old kid who apparently likes to misinform others and provide a disservice to unsuspecting readers. Self proclamation doesn’t do justice.

The actual difference in price for our full set of drag wheels built for your car AND ours fit without modification would be ~275.00. Of course, pricing will vary with the vendor regarding both our Bogart wheels and others. In some cases, a billet street/strip wheel can be more expensive. A street/strip wheel is very heavy in comparison to a drag wheel...which I don't advise using even our street/strip 15" wheels due to the weight. I have trouble validating the small price differences for the loss of performance.

In comparison a street/strip wheel to a drag wheel...the difference between our street/strip or billets street/strip wheels is similar to leaving about 60lbs on your car!! Only a few hundred difference and loosing 60lbs leaving less drivetrain stress, better braking distances and better 60 ft times.

To the poster, if you're just looking for something that you can make work at a budget, stick with a weld prostar, they are rather inexpensive and much lighter than a billet street/strip wheel…and you’ll have better gains!
Old 11-03-2008, 08:21 PM
11 Second Club

I love how the age is brought into it. So I want a set of Bogarts for my car. How much will a set of 15x10s and 15x3.5s cost?
Old 11-03-2008, 09:32 PM
FormerVendor

Mentioning age can be important as age can be directly related to experience with both real life situations as well as formal education. Readers really may not know whether a poster is giving good information or bad. A person can be a 12 year old kid that doesn't even drive and answer questions in here googling a response and be totally off base...When you're older maybe you'll understand. I'm 40, I'm formally educated with multiple levels of higher education, I have many years of professional experience specifically in the field of design.

You started to drive a few years ago and a recent high-school graduate. Why are you passionate about this wheel forum??? From what I've read, you have very little to offer towards a discussion. You should hang out in the general discussion forum if you like to BS on the computer while you're sitting in between a class or finding a reason to not do your homework. You offer little benefits for the wheel forum readers who ask questions. From the last few posts you’ve botched...you have not impressed me in any of your comments.

Most companies billet street/strip setups are going to run ~1000-1200.00. Considering you should know this...I don't feel I need to add the dollar figures up for you. I've discussed what the poster could expect. Are you still confused? Our drag, road race, street/strip among other designs are custom built. If you want me to build you a setup that you have to grind a bit to fit your car...one of our vendors or I may be able to save you more. It all depends on what you personally are looking for. Since you're just trolling here...I know you're not interested in anything myself or one of our vendors could offer you.

It's apparent the poster is looking for something inexpensive whereas none of our billet street/strip wheels; drag wheels etc will fit his expectations. Even a street/strip cast wheel i.e. jegs or summit will probably be a better option for him. ...With essentially no difference in performance on the street or track and at less than probably half the cost (comparing to billet style street strip wheels)!

To answer your specific question, how much would our Bogart wheels would cost you for your car...your price would be 4000.00.

Last edited by SJM Manufacturing Inc; 11-03-2008 at 09:37 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 09:37 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
Mentioning age can be important as age can be directly related to experience with both real life situations as well as formal education. Readers really may not know whether a poster is giving good information or bad. A person can be a 12 year old kid that doesn't even drive and answer questions in here googling a response and be totally off base...When you're older maybe you'll understand.

You started to drive a few years ago and a recent high-school graduate. Why are you passionate about this wheel forum??? From what I've read, you have very little to offer towards a discussion. You should hang out in the general discussion forum if you like to BS on the computer while you're sitting in between a class or finding a reason to not do your homework. You offer little benefits for the wheel forum readers who ask questions. From the last few posts you’ve botched...you have not impressed me in any of your comments.

Most companies billet street/strip setups are going to run ~1000-1200.00. Considering you should know this...I don't feel I need to add the dollar figures up for you. I've discussed what the poster could expect. Are you still confused? Our drag, road race, street/strip among other designs are custom built. If you want me to build you a setup that you have to grind a bit to fit your car...one of our vendors or I may be able to save you more. It all depends on what you personally are looking for. Since you're just trolling here...I know you're not interested in anything myself or one of our vendors could offer you.

It's apparent the poster is looking for something inexpensive whereas none of our billet street/strip wheels; drag wheels etc will fit his expectations. Even a street/strip cast wheel i.e. jegs or summit will probably be a better option for him. ...With essentially no difference in performance on the street or track and at less than probably half the cost (comparing to billet style street strip wheels)!

To answer your specific question, how much would our Bogart wheels would cost you for your car...your price would be 4000.00.
God your a homo. Oh and pick one statment and stick with it.

You're right age has nothing to do with anything here. Knowledge obtained by experience is what matters.

Last edited by Camaro396; 11-03-2008 at 09:46 PM.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:09 PM
FormerVendor

You do not deserve to be on this forum. Actually, did I not respond and answer all your questions to your satisfaction? I'm sorry that you do not like the price I gave you. Move on then.

Troll.
Old 11-03-2008, 10:58 PM
TECH Regular

That made my night ..
Old 11-04-2008, 01:39 AM
11 Second Club

Yet I'm on the forum, and even have a greater rating than you do. Figure that one out.. And yes, you answered my questions right on par, up to your douche bag standards.
Old 11-04-2008, 04:27 AM
Banned

If you want a Simple, bolt on rear wheel that needs no Grinding look into the Street Lites i offer.

They do offer a weight benefit over Stock, Espically when you use a slick.And also will Bolt Directly on with no modifications, Also many people are happy with them that have purchased them on the board.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:18 AM
FormerVendor

Yet I'm on the forum, and even have a greater rating than you do. Figure that one out.. And yes, you answered my questions right on par, up to your douche bag standards.
You're a little punk and deserve to be banned.
Old 11-04-2008, 07:32 AM
11 Second Club

You're a little punk and deserve to be banned.
Alright, good talk. I don't see why I should be banned lol...I havn't broke any rules, or done anything to get banned?
Old 11-04-2008, 08:12 AM
FormerVendor

Alright, good talk. I don't see why I should be banned lol...I havn't broke any rules, or done anything to get banned?

You have not followed the rules of the board. You offer very little to the board. Most of what you've stated in the wheel forum has been inaccurate and misleading. Just in this post alone you mislead a newer board member to possibly thinking our wheels are outrageously expensive. You have made other misleading and inaccurate statements in many other posts as well. Our wheels are not overly expensive; our billet street/strip wheels are right in line with everyone else. Our drag wheels and road race wheels are also competitively priced and a very good value…actually less expensive than many equivalent designed components. Too boot, our wheels though priced very fair, are custom built to spec.

Your slanderous comments towards our products only can hurt our vendors who sell our products on this board. They pay to advertise many relying on sales to pay their bills. Your comments towards me do not hold water. You are a young kid who thinks he knows everything and assumes the board owes you the right to post whatever you want to say.

I sincerely hope that the moderators that read this post as well as previous posts I’ve had to correct due to your misrepresentations bans you or at minimum removes you’re posting privileges for a set amount of time. I am requesting this.
Old 11-04-2008, 03:46 PM
11 Second Club

You have not followed the rules of the board. You offer very little to the board. Most of what you've stated in the wheel forum has been inaccurate and misleading. Just in this post alone you mislead a newer board member to possibly thinking our wheels are outrageously expensive. You have made other misleading and inaccurate statements in many other posts as well. Our wheels are not overly expensive; our billet street/strip wheels are right in line with everyone else. Our drag wheels and road race wheels are also competitively priced and a very good value…actually less expensive than many equivalent designed components. Too boot, our wheels though priced very fair, are custom built to spec.

Your slanderous comments towards our products only can hurt our vendors who sell our products on this board. They pay to advertise many relying on sales to pay their bills. Your comments towards me do not hold water. You are a young kid who thinks he knows everything and assumes the board owes you the right to post whatever you want to say.

I sincerely hope that the moderators that read this post as well as previous posts I’ve had to correct due to your misrepresentations bans you or at minimum removes you’re posting privileges for a set amount of time. I am requesting this.
I'm pretty sure I've offered quite a bit of information to this board to those who have questions about drag setups. I did nothing wrong in this post, infact I even talked to the OP via aim about his setup and goals with the car in question.

I do however have the right to voice my opinion, which I will do. I don't know you on a personal level, and I think its funny how worked up you get over posting on this forum. What I DONT like though, is how whenever someone makes a post asking about a SPECIFIC wheel, weather it be Billet Specialties, Welds, or Greg Welds, you always put your two cents in about how Bogarts are the cats ***. Yes, they are very nice wheels. We have a set of D10s on a Mustang, and have had no problems with them, even on the street. They are just above the spending limit of alot of people on this board, especially the way the enconomy is today. For those who can afford them, I would recommend nothing other than Bogarts. Infact if you search my posts, you will actually find that I have recommended them to people on several occasions.

I'm sorry that you feel I should be banned from the site. Like I said in my above post, I have not done anything wrong other than voice my opinion. I have never claimed to know everything...I do know a bit more than most my age (again, throwing the age thing in since you get off to it so much) and have had quite a bit of experience at our shop. For being "such an *******" I sure do have a good rep on this site.

Good day.

-Lance
Old 11-04-2008, 05:08 PM
FormerVendor

You have in some circumstances helped others, for the most part been a hindrance to our vendors and products.

You are not familiar with our product lines, it appears you only think we offer drag wheels and they are more then any other wheel on the market. Quite the contrary. Comparing apples to apples all wheel designs are within a few hundred dollars other manufactures wheels (sometimes LESS sometimes more).

I do not think our wheels are the best thing in the world. We do offer a high-quality wheel that we can build most cars specifications for a direct bolt on. We also offer the lightest direct fit wheels on the market and have done so for ~15 years (for F-bodies since this is an F-body forum). For that matter, almost every one of my posts I discuss other wheel manufactures options which you probably won't find a manufacture doing.

Depending on how we build each setup prices vary. If you know someone in a shop you work have our Bogart’s, they probably spent 12-1400.00. The wheel being lighter and a direct fit compared to anything else they may have considered. When you want to compare one of our street/strip wheels (or another manufactures) that is the same weight as ours…being very heavy in comparison…there ARE other better performance considerations. When you compare overall cost to weight benefit, our (and others) street/strip wheels which are 1000-1300.00 what savings are there?? Considering a consumer has to spend 500.00 more to equal the weight savings…what are they saving in the end. THIS is why I suggest for the street guys just wanting a street/strip wheel…picking up 400.00 street/strip wheels makes MUCH more sense.

One thing you’re correct about (and I will discuss our drag wheels only for simplicity), I DO feel our wheels from just about every perspective are the best value for the weight, fitment and design on the market today. Our wheels are NOT for everyone, when someone only wants to spend half that, our products OR any other billet products on the market will probably not fit their wallet. Since most are unfamiliar WHY there are differences and that a few lbs here or there really don’t make a difference, I show WHY they can and DO make that difference. Don’t confuse this as me stating a customer should have nothing but our wheels.

Since you apparently seem to be unfamiliar with our products, I would prefer if you did not even talk about our products. You are not a representative, nor a customer nor in the field.
Old 11-04-2008, 05:45 PM
11 Second Club

Since you apparently seem to be unfamiliar with our products, I would prefer if you did not even talk about our products. You are not a representative, nor a customer nor in the field.
To be honest with you, as soon as my suspension/rear end is done, I'd like to shed some more rotational weight, and actually want to purchase a set of Bogarts for the car.