Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

HELP!! how to get rid of haze on my chrome wheels!?!?

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2008, 06:41 PM
11 Second Club

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts

Default HELP!! how to get rid of haze on my chrome wheels!?!?

Well on my chrome wheels there are some spots that are hazy and dont shine as much as the chrome should. Also if you look in the pics closely you can see that its kinda brownish in color and there are some brown spots around the wheel and if someone sprayed something on the wheel and left it on? Anyways i've been using everything! mothers chrome cleaner, mequiars cleaner, glass cleaner, acid wash the wheels (wheels were cold,not hot), super fine #0000 steel wool but the more i do it seems to get worse???

Im trying to get it back to that chrome finish guys but nothing seems to work. I know somebody had to bring back there chrome wheels from life. ANY INPUT is appreciated. thanks

here are the pics:

You can see on the left side half of the wheel where it is brownish/hazy in color and the right side has no problems

closer pic of the area:

Old 11-07-2008, 12:14 PM
11 Second Club

nobody know what to do to help this!?!?!?
Old 11-07-2008, 01:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was going to say try a clay bar, but not sure that will work after seeing what you have already tried. Like you said it looks like something was sprayed on them and not removed quick enough? Short of having them re-dipped, I don't know. Sorry not any help.
Old 11-12-2008, 09:47 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well...since you've tried almost everything. Did you talk to FOOSE and see what they say? They may hold an answer or suggestion, that is their rims...so they should be able to give you some kind of answer.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:24 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2002 SS HUGG
Well...since you've tried almost everything. Did you talk to FOOSE and see what they say? They may hold an answer or suggestion, that is their rims...so they should be able to give you some kind of answer.
yeah i guess i could give them a call. I just assumed its chrome and since most of us have dealed with chrome, somebody would know an answer on how to fix them.

Either way i still tried everything and nothing has worked. I could give FOOSE a call and see what they recommend.

Quick Reply: HELP!! how to get rid of haze on my chrome wheels!?!?