Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

DDing on a slick/skinny with a drag radial out back?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2009, 07:08 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question DDing on a slick/skinny with a drag radial out back?

So instead of having 9.5/11 zr1's I thought itd be cool to have the slick/skinny look all the time and run a nitto drag radial on the back. Is it doable? Pros and Cons? Thanks guys!
Old 01-11-2009, 07:52 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

A LOT of people do it.
Old 01-11-2009, 08:08 PM
TECH Regular

Received 53 Likes on 19 Posts

I daily drove a set of bigs-n-littles (ccw drag pack) on my c5 for a couple of years. nice weather only, of course. I loved the way the car drove on the skinnies. the pavement seams in the road didn't throw the car around on the skinnies. with the wide tires on the front, the seams around here would almost throw you into the other lane.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:18 PM
TECH Addict

well good news so far any negatives to this, im sure you wouldnt want to go corner carving but anything else?
Old 01-11-2009, 09:20 PM
11 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jrob56
well good news so far any negatives to this, im sure you wouldnt want to go corner carving but anything else?
I had the Summit Prostar replicas, but I think they might be a little more streetable than a real race wheel. They were fine on my car.
Old 01-11-2009, 09:32 PM
Banned

you are going to get Mixed reviews. I have done it for years with no issues. Yes it has its positives and negatives, Just like everything we modify from stock on the cars.

Braking will be reduced, The fronts will lock up alot faster under a Sudden Braking. Maneuverability of the car ill also change. Taking on and off ramps you will not be able to do as fast. But i personally like the look and the feel of them on the car. To me with the bigger tires it softens up the hard suspension, And will not follow the ruts in the road as the Previous poster posted. After a good few days of driving with them, You will be amazed and know what to expect.

What i will recommend is a good set of front skinnies though like the MT S/R radial.
Old 01-11-2009, 11:02 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I've done it before, its nice for trction in the rear but when you run skinnies in the front you lose sterring capabilities and braking. But its definetly doable, my buddy does it all year round. I'd definetly do it again when I get another set of drag wheels.