Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Need wheel studs, have question..

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2009, 11:57 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Need wheel studs, have question..

Right now, i have a set of 18x9 wheels with 275/40s on the rear of my 01 WS.6, and traction is non existant(Cammed, stalled, geared, sprayed) Im switching back to 17s and have a set of polished 00 WS.6 wheels that are widened to 11" and just bought some 315/35s.

A few of the lugs are messed up/broken(bought it this way), so naturally, if its broken, fix it so it dont break again. I want to use ARPs.

Only problem is, i need to run a 1" adapter(Already have em) to fit these wheels. The stock studs fit fine with the adapter, but i want something strong and the ARPs come in 2.5" and 3.25" i believe.

Would it be possible for me to remove the studs from the adapter, and just run ARPs through them AND the wheels? I would use the lug nuts to bolt the adapter on, then the second set of lug nuts for the wheels.. Would this work?
Old 05-16-2009, 09:07 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

NO, trying to use the 1" adapter as a spacer will put too much leverage on the studs and they may brake again. If your adapters have 10.9 on the head they are Metric equivalent to highest strenght SAE for wheel studs.
Old 05-17-2009, 11:16 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Thats what i figured. The main reason i asked, is because i was afraid the 2.5" ARPs wouldnt work without grinding them down, but it turns out the wheels have more than enough clearance for them.