Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Having trouble fitting 325/50/15's on Prostars

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 06:51 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angry Having trouble fitting 325/50/15's on Prostars

I got my 15 x 10 7.5 backspace prostars in and had 325/50/15 Nitto Drag radials mounted. I ground the caliper, beat the hell out of the front inner fender well, and cut out the bumpstop. I then installed adjustable PHB and LCA's as well as LCA relocation bracket.

I thought I was pretty close until I mounted the relocation brackets, now the tire is rubbing the bumper cover. I started out in the lower hole and then moved to the upper hole which gained a little clearance. It seems like if I move the rear end forward any via the adj. lca's then it will rub the front inner fender.

Do I need to go ahead and mount the other side then see where I stand?

I am almost ready to give up. Any advice????
Old 06-07-2009, 06:58 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i had to trim the bumper covers front and rear ...and then centered the tire in the wheel well
Old 06-08-2009, 01:52 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Sounds like you haven't beat in the front inner fenders enough. My 325/50/15 MT's fit, I still have the bump stops and haven't cut anything. I just beat the inner fenders a lot, rolled the outers and centered the wheel front to back.
Old 06-08-2009, 06:03 PM
On The Tree

whats the best method to center the rear end to the wheel wells? Currently I am 14 1/4 from the rear quarter to the centerline of the hub and 15 3/8 from the front quarter to the centerline. I tried jacking the rear up but could not tug it forward any more by myself. Do I need to lossen anything else up and try again?
Old 06-08-2009, 06:25 PM
On The Tree

Well I had a little more grinding to do on the caliper and I was taking a close look at it to see where my markers were showing that I needed to grind and I noticed a small crack in the lower ear of the caliper. Now I gues I'm going to have to either get a new caliper and go with spacers or go with drag brakes. This really sucks. I should have ponied up and got bogarts or billet specialties and went with a smaller tire.

Any suggestions?