Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Question about shipping wheels and tires

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2009, 12:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Question about shipping wheels and tires

I was just wondering if anyone has any experience with shipping wheels and tires through Fedex. I got a quote through their website for shipping my 17x11's with 315's on them to a guy who's interested in buying them, but I'm not sure how they should be packaged. I've heard some guys say that you can just cover the wheels with cardboard to protect them during shipping with UPS, but wasn't sure if Fedex is the same way. I would go with UPS, but they want about twice as much to ship them as Fedex. Anyone that knows, let me know, so I can go ahead and get this setup. Thanks.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:36 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've always sent them in boxes but when I got a wheel and tire set from Discount already mounted all they did was cut round pieces of cardboard to cover the wheel and just taped it all around with the shipping label.
Old 07-08-2009, 01:49 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by porksoda
I've always sent them in boxes but when I got a wheel and tire set from Discount already mounted all they did was cut round pieces of cardboard to cover the wheel and just taped it all around with the shipping label.
Yeah, that's what I had planned on doing. And after a little more internet research, that's the way everyone says to ship them. You get charged a little more because it's "Non-traditional" packaging. But, oh well, I just need to get these things sold, so I can get my new rear tires ordered and get the new wheels on next week.