Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Stock snowflake wheels stolen!

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2009, 02:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Stock snowflake wheels stolen!

I recently purchased a set of the C6 Z06 Wheels from OEWheelsLLC. I had my stock snowflakes for sale at an uncles house for $200. Wheels and tires with about 50% of tread life left. Well earlier this week the wheels got stolen. They were chained to a tree in the front yard, the chain was cut and 3 of the 4 wheels were stolen. My uncle got a police report but now I am lost on what to do. Is there anything I can do about this or is it worth my time to do anything about it? HELP Please!
Old 09-18-2009, 03:11 PM
TECH Apprentice

Sorry to hear that man. Honestly I dont think you can do much about it ... I mean you have new rims so its not like you really need these ... Yea thats $200 bucks down the drain but what else can you do. You can try to find the crooks but goodluck .. hopefully the cops just track it down and you get them back.
Old 09-18-2009, 03:49 PM
Teching In

you pretty much SOL, also probably the wrost idea ive ever heard especially if they were left out overnight. sorry dude
Old 09-18-2009, 04:13 PM
8 sec potential, 12 sec slip

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by bgon99ss
you pretty much SOL, also probably the wrost idea ive ever heard especially if they were left out overnight. sorry dude
Exactly what I was thinkin.. Who chains wheels and tires to a tree! seriously!?!?!???? lol Does your uncle live in a trailer park?
Old 09-18-2009, 04:20 PM
TECH Junkie

Ya man, theres not much you can do unless you had tracking devices on them . Either way, I'm with everyone else, chaining them to a tree was a horrible idea. I don't even know how that popped in your head has a good idea. But hopefully you learned from it.
Old 09-18-2009, 04:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Anything else you can do? Kiss them goodbye? Oh wait you can't do that either.
Just seems strange you would chain wheels and tires to a tree, and not keep them in a more secure location. Why did you pick the front yard to display them?
Old 09-18-2009, 05:21 PM
TECH Resident

Its called Craigslist
Old 09-19-2009, 05:06 AM
TECH Fanatic

Dahahaha... they ran away just like his pet dog
Old 09-19-2009, 09:53 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Chains can easily be cut, and keeping something of ANY value chained up to a tree out in plain sight is just begging for someone to come along and take them. It would be like clipping $20 bills to a tree with clothes pins and expecting people not to take them.

Just chalk it up as a lesson learned, and next time try a swap meet, or as was already suggested, Craigslist. If someone is interested in seeing them, they can come meet you on YOUR terms, and you can show them the wheels at that point instead of leaving them out for the world to see.
Old 09-19-2009, 11:43 AM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Holy ****, can we PLEASE have some pictures of your chained rig?
Would make a nice motivational poster.
Old 09-20-2009, 12:38 AM
TECH Regular

look for them being sold on craigslist. man you should have got lojack on your stock wheels!
Old 09-20-2009, 09:47 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 1FASTZ28
Is there anything I can do about this or is it worth my time to do anything about it? HELP Please!
A. Purchase police light bar and install on car.
B. Pull over anyone with wheels that look like the ones that were stolen.
C. Order driver at gunpoint to get out and take the wheels off.
D. Chain them to that same tree and try again to sell them.
Old 09-21-2009, 08:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Ok guys enough of the bullshit. First off I had nothing to do with the chaining them to a tree part. My uncle (does not live in a trailor park, owns a $560,000 House) knew I had these wheels, asked if he could show them to someone to try and sell them and then told me he was taking them to the Iola Car Show to try to sell. I had no knowledge that they were chained to a tree, and then the next thing I heard was this story. I was a little upset with the way he did things too but now stop the ******* bashing all I was doing was looking for some help if there was anything I could do. I got my new wheels so your right the others are stock and are gone. It would have been nice to get some cash from them though.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:39 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

OK sorry, serious answer: file a police report like everyone else does when something gets stolen and hope (probably in vain unfortunately ) that they are recovered.
Old 09-21-2009, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Police report has been done. I was just curious if there was anything I could do maybe insurance or something that would cover this theft but idk if it is worth the time effort or cost of doing this. They are the stock wheels after all so they are really not worth much I wouldn't have gotten much anyways.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:00 AM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

Police report has been done. I was just curious if there was anything I could do maybe insurance or something that would cover this theft but idk if it is worth the time effort or cost of doing this. They are the stock wheels after all so they are really not worth much I wouldn't have gotten much anyways.
At this point, was it even worth the cost of posting it on here?
Old 09-21-2009, 11:05 AM
Launching!

Unless someone saw the person or persons take the wheels, you're SOL. Look at it this way...they were stock and paid for. It's a cheap way for you to find out that you shouldn't entrust your uncle with helping you sell anything else. As everyone else said...that was a pretty stupid idea on his part.
Old 09-21-2009, 11:18 AM
12 Second Club

Insurance isn't going to do squat for a $200 claim, the deductible is probably much higher.

Now if your uncle is living in a half million dollar trailer ( sorry had to) then I'm sure he could rectify his own error and buy the wheels from you.
Old 09-21-2009, 03:09 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MeentSS02
At this point, was it even worth the cost of posting it on here?
At this point I feel that it was worth it to find out if there was anything that could be done that I may have overlooked. They were wheels that I could have used in the future for something else or maybe if I was lucky made some profit on. People post worse topics than this on here all the time so if you don't have any input then keep your mouth shut its no wonder there are so many useless answers to peoples questions when the moderators on this site are no better.
Old 09-21-2009, 04:15 PM
Kleeborp the Moderator™

At this point I feel that it was worth it to find out if there was anything that could be done that I may have overlooked. They were wheels that I could have used in the future for something else or maybe if I was lucky made some profit on. People post worse topics than this on here all the time so if you don't have any input then keep your mouth shut its no wonder there are so many useless answers to peoples questions when the moderators on this site are no better.
Did you honestly think that posting a question on the internet would lead to good advice? What people have said in here is about all you can hope for under the circumstances. A little common sense and a reality check about the integrity of people in today's society could have saved you the aggravation involved with this.

I mean...they were chained to a tree. People out there jack wheels off of actual cars while they are parked - to me, that is arguably harder than cutting a chain, grabbing them and running off. If you have no hard evidence that could prove someone did it, you are SOL. I'm sorry you don't like that answer, but you'd better learn to live with it. Just be thankful it didn't really cost you anything, other than losing a little face on here.