Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

anyone running billet specialties front skinnies ?

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2009, 02:48 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone running billet specialties front skinnies ?

good lookin rim...... anyone running there skinnies ? pics ? opinion ?
Attached Thumbnails anyone running billet specialties front skinnies ?-bsp-rs035606555n_w.jpg  
Old 10-02-2009, 08:21 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

No, no one has used them.

Except about 30,000 members on here. They don't look bad if you don't mind grinding your brakes, or running spacers to clear them.
Old 10-02-2009, 09:37 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Camaro396
No, no one has used them.

Except about 30,000 members on here. They don't look bad if you don't mind grinding your brakes, or running spacers to clear them.
That was pretty damn funny and made my morning. Flyinblue, don't mind us, nothing against your question. People ask these questions all the time.

If you're looking for direct fit 15" wheels, we can offer you our Bogart wheels which we build custom for each car. Either drag, street/strip or road race. (I've probably wrote this 30,000 times as well).
Old 10-02-2009, 01:52 PM
On The Tree

Alright guys........ Stop jackin threads........ Help or don't help. Already said before I can't afford Bogarts ..... This board is usually a lot of help but not lately.... At least the turbo forum guys are
Old 10-02-2009, 03:54 PM
FormerVendor

I thought we answered your questions, Camaro396 gave you his opinion of which you asked, and I gave you an alternative wheel that doesn't give you fitment problems.

Also, for what it's worth, the street lites are 230.00 plus shipping and have a small backspace. Many of our drag wheels are not priced much different...but you wont get a specific built wheel that fits your car directly, you'll have to grind as well too. At least the backspace will be deeper though.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:00 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by flyinbluess
Alright guys........ Stop jackin threads........ Help or don't help. Already said before I can't afford Bogarts ..... This board is usually a lot of help but not lately.... At least the turbo forum guys are
You can't afford Bogarts but you can afford Billet specicalties? You know their F-body wheels are like 320.00 each right?

And there was no thead hi-jacking from myself, or Steve. I see facts in our posts, that's about it.

If you use a 15x3.5 with 1.75 backspace and a spacer to clear the brakes, you're going to end up with like 1.25 backspace, resulting in your car looking like a frog.
Old 10-02-2009, 04:08 PM
FormerVendor

You can't afford Bogarts but you can afford Billet specicalties? You know their F-body wheels are like 320.00 each right?

..If you use a 15x3.5 with 1.75 backspace and a spacer to clear the brakes, you're going to end up with like 1.25 backspace, resulting in your car looking like a frog.
They offer a 1.625" backspace wheel for what you'd use...then run the spacer or grind.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:44 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
They offer a 1.625" backspace wheel for what you'd use...then run the spacer or grind.
Even worse.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:08 PM
11 Second Club

Ya know I keep reading these threads and since it always comes down to "Bogarts",just how much are the 15x3.5 or 4' fronts?
Old 10-02-2009, 06:38 PM
FormerVendor

Even worse.
Yup.

Dadsz28, depending what setup we build them for and what style wheel you want, prices vary. I'd suggest either giving us a call on Monday or email us with your specs and what style you're looking for...this way you'll have an exact price. We don't list prices to hide them from consumers...we don't list them because we don't have a one-size fits most wheel, each is built for the application, therefore the prices vary. We use forums for educational purposes, not quotes. Quotes are easily obtainable by making a simple call or e-mail. I'd hope each customer is left feeling good knowing we are giving them personalized attention.

Against popular belief, our wheels are competitively priced. Actually less expensive than some manufactures similar designed products...still ours are custom. Many times the small difference in price outweighs install problems you have with other companies wheels...AND ours are lighter.

...Now if you're going to compare them to a cast heavy aluminum off-shore wheel or economy built wheel...of course, ours will seem high. You can't compare a Ferrari to a Fiero.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:46 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by SJM Manufacturing Inc
You can't compare a Ferrari to a Fiero.
Hahhhahahahahahahahahahhahaaha.
Old 10-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Launching!

I ran them for a day, might have a pic. My friend let me try his out to see what it feels like to have runners on front. I definentely noticed a difference in acceleration. Car seemed to pick up quicker.the only mod was a spacer(not sure what size) and the shank style lug nuts. I think they re like $230 or $240 for front rims. Also note that the ones my friend has were the Billet specialties rims that came out before the direct fit fbody rims came out. I know there was quite a bit of modding for his rears but fronts were just fit with a spacer.They are a nice looking rim and ive seen him run them for weeks at a time.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:04 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

The grinding on the front is very minimal, and I drive my car on the streets all the time with my Billet Specialties slick and skinny setup. The backspace you want is 1.625 and the car does not look like a frog at all. The tire sticks out just the same as 17x9.5 if you ask me. Everyone has there opinion but for the price and looks I think you can't beat them.
Old 10-02-2009, 08:36 PM
On The Tree

what i mean by jacking is any form of sarcasm when i just need simple answers and pics. as for pricing....... i was going to just have my stock 10 spokes cut down to a 4 inch to keep that stock look with less rolling resistance but it was 250 a wheel to modify plus shipping and then tires.....
would be in the 1000.00 mark by then and i didnt want to spend that much.....thats why i was originally looking at the summit and jegs rims.... and or maybe the greg welds but everything on those rims gets slammed by certain people and then i hear bogarts or nothing........ well i have probably
owned 20 cars since i was a kid and several of them running 8's in the 1/4 mile and never ran bogarts on any of them.......... honestly i am trying to find a rim in the 3.5 to 4 inch range that has a good look and is around the 220 or less per rim ............ its a bitch trying to pick not only a good looking rim but a useful rim and one that wont break the bank and still try to get an answer or help without sarcasm................the bilet speacialties is really the overly high side of what i wanted to spend on a rim...... so to go just a bit higher as u say to me is actually a lot higher.. thanks for the advice....... just could use it without the humor at my expense .........
Old 10-02-2009, 10:06 PM
FormerVendor

He was joking around with you…so you should relax a bit. You've asked a question whereas you could have done a quick search and found the exact answer in a few seconds. For the veterans, it gets old sometimes replying to the same questions asked over and over and over again.

I'm sure (just as some have mentioned), it gets old from seeing my posts and my discussions over and over, unfortunately, sometimes I think it's necessary as some may not be computer savvy or not really know what or where to go and what to look for.

It's not that it's our Bogart's or nothing, there are other options. I think ours is the best option obviously. My posts are to inform others of WHY to consider our products showing there are differences and there are quite a few benefits.

If money is your primary concern, I'd stick with a set of weld prostars. They will be a better choice regarding drag racing in my opinion. Using ours will prove more beneficial, using ours would be like dropping another 50 lbs from your car…but the final choice is yours.
Old 10-02-2009, 10:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I have 3.5" Draglites with a 1.75" backspace. I am currently running a 5/16" spacer and it looks fine.
Sorry for hijacking your thread, but I find it odd that someone who can afford to build several 8 second cars (absolutey no way to do that cheaply, I don't care what car you start out with) claims to not be able to afford a set of Bogart wheels, certainly not the most expensive out there. I really can't afford to buy them (reason why my car is stuck running 8s in the 1/8 mile), at least not without getting to see my wife naked for the next year or so.
FWIW I think the Billet Specialties Street Lites look great.
Old 10-02-2009, 11:41 PM
On The Tree

Thumbs up

to sjm : i had been searching this forum for hours on various subjects
and was tired as hell of looking at the screen any longer....... thought it would
be easier to post up a quick question and get responses from people that have them and or pics of there cars with them.

to tomyV8 : u have to put it in perspective...... this camaro was suppose to be a budget daily driver..... and i have already sunk 21,000 into it....... at the same time i was trying to finish my 70 nova 10.5 outlaw car which has
hit me for about 40,000 on top of house remodel 4 kids and vet bills........ yadda yadda yadda......... could go on forever but i think you get the point.....
i would like to save a few bucks on this daily driver if at all possible.......... and its not always about spending the highest dollar on every single part every single time...... hell i have had buddys spend there mortgages on high dollar koni multi adjustable parts and what not....... and i would 60ft a 1.27 on the rear tires on cheepo comp engineering coil overs...... get the point.

to sjm : i know you mention the weld stars but from what my research on here shows is u also have to grind the hell out of the calipers........ if this is the case it kinda squashes the last 2 days of.. this will rub and that will rub and u dont wanna trim and run spacers..... so buy bogarts. no offense to u.
now......... if u wanna step up and make me some killer smokin deal on some skinnies then we can talk :-)

so.... in bringing this to a close...... is there any 3.5 to 4 inch wheel out there that has the look of the greg weld stars or the billet specialties stars
or ?????? that wont break the bank or have to take off a 1/2 inch of material off my calipers...?? tried all the searches...... looked for days..... so straight answers would really help since i would like to purchase soon so i can back out to the track.......... thanks,
Old 10-03-2009, 12:42 AM
FormerVendor

I see you're a new poster, so you may not be aware of how to search, if so, you should have found answers. I see new people posting the same questions literally within the same day…with questions answered. Actually, in this post Tom posted what he did as well.

This is why I post quite often, if you don't want to jump through hoops as you're apparently doing, we have an easy solution that has very good benefits….not just from a mounting point.

I can build you wheels to fit directly so you just bolt them on, not worry about grinding, not worry about spacers, not worry about if they are going to stick out or other problems. I don't know how much easier I can make it for you. So if you purchased a set of fronts and spent 50-200.00 (depending on what you’re looking for and how we build them) more in the end, doesn’t the peace of mind knowing you’re receiving a well designed product with outstanding performance benefits, ease of fitment and customer support sound appealing to you??

I know compromise and budget restraints are important…but cutting your nose to spite your face may not be the best thing to do. Wheels are unsprung weight and rotational and probably the most pronounced modification that YOU and EVERYONE else see’s…is this an area you really want to skimp on…we’re not talking 1000’s of dollars in price differences.

…I’m not sure I understand the philosophy as being a representative and speaking as an Engineer to you about our products …yet can’t get answers from any other manufacture by picking up the phone or e-mailing…what makes you feel good about supporting those companies? A weld rep comes on here every so often; he seems rather informed and does help. I’ve even suggested to you their products.

Isn't time worth money to you? For the hours of work you've invested thus far, I would hope you'd appreciate the time I've spent with you instead of being combative. I am trying to help.

I know I must sound like a broken record because even to myself, I see writing the same comments over and over to the same questions. Unfortunately, not everyone reads older posts…so there is little confusion or others possibly misinforming someone about our products, I like to discuss what we have to offer to the end users. I think you’ll find that our customers have been overly satisfied with our services and products.

Sometimes I am a bit forward...I've read posts in the past I've written and wished I could take them back. I am passionate about our products, I know what is out there and I've been doing this for many years. Some times it grinds my gears when I see a post that is so far left offering mis-information to end users...I feel obligated to post.

I also own a mid 9 sec. F-body. I'm running a F1R blower, TH400 blah blah blah and been there and done that, so I would hope that asside from my background and my direct experiences with the same style car you have helps.

I do wish you luck.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:52 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Billet Specialties makes an F-body specific version of that wheel that is a direct fit. You have to pay extra.
Here is some info I found in this forum on those wheels.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...-grinding.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...ugs-tires.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...cs-inside.html
Old 10-03-2009, 08:24 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Tommyv8
Billet Specialties makes an F-body specific version of that wheel that is a direct fit. You have to pay extra.
Here is some info I found in this forum on those wheels.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...-grinding.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...ugs-tires.html
https://ls1tech.com/forums/wheels-ti...cs-inside.html

He is asking about skinnies. Billet Specialties does not offer a direct fit skinny for late model F body.

Quick Reply: anyone running billet specialties front skinnies ?