Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

recomend good wet/ice tire

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2009, 04:22 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default recomend good wet/ice tire

well last night was fun, getting on to highway wet pavment, traction control on, driving safly my car went sideways at 45mph and I slid of the road into a bushy area. very lucky could have been traffic, wall, etc..

my tires are dry rotted and I need new ones, what does everyone recommend? I live in Connecticut and I have another car on snow days but cant rely on that, but need tires that will grip the dam road, and maybe have performance as well, but this is my daily driver so safety is more of a concern.

and If can be had from town fair would help too.

thanks

car is 2000 z28 A4
Old 10-04-2009, 05:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Blizzak tires will cost you about $600....I had them on my 04 GTO and they did pretty good!
Old 10-04-2009, 05:40 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I ran these on my old Monte SS before I sold it, We dont have much ice here in Fl... But we do have plenty of rain, These did great on my car and rode awsome. Price was nice too

http://www.tirerack.com/tires/Sizes....o&model=HTR%2B
Old 10-04-2009, 05:46 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Do want a good snow/rain tire or what? If you floor it in the rain with a Z28, don't expect it to grip. If you get the best all-season tire, it's still going to spin in rain/snow with a RWD 300 hp car. I had Kumho ASX's and did well with driving in the rain, but would spin when I floored it. I have also driven in a down-pour with new MT drag radials and did fine for a 250 mile trip at 75 mph. All depends on what you want, but remember, you can't have your cake and eat it too.