Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

brushed aluminum ccw's

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2009, 03:20 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default brushed aluminum ccw's

how hard would it be to get the spokes of a set of sp500's brushed? or, is there a powdercoat that looks like brushed aluminum?
Old 10-08-2009, 03:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Would like to know as well.
Old 10-09-2009, 08:35 AM
Launching!

www.calchrome.com contact these guy, they can achieve just about any look that yoou can think of on wheels, i believe it costs somewhere between 175-275 per wheel depending on size and what you want to do, I believe they would machine down the spokes to a new suface to achieve a brushed surface and polish the lip to give you a two/three piece look or brush the entire wheel
Old 10-11-2009, 09:18 AM
Sold The Fun Stuff :(

Back when I owned CCWs on my GTO I asked CCW this question directly. They said I could take 320 grit sandpaper to them and just sand them to "brush" the surface. They said that's all they do when they "brush" a set of wheels. I'm sure you'd only want to sand in one direction (back and forth, not circular swirl motion), and would probably want to practice on a spare piece of metal first, but that's all brushing is really...polished metal that's been "brushed" by sanding it in some form or fashion.
Old 10-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Launching!

^^^ Not a bad idea but you will need to put some type of coating on the surface once the new machined surface is reached, I would imagine that when you polish the surface again you be eventually going back to a polished finish
Old 10-12-2009, 08:11 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1,736 Likes on 1,297 Posts

Originally Posted by josh99ta
Back when I owned CCWs on my GTO I asked CCW this question directly. They said I could take 320 grit sandpaper to them and just sand them to "brush" the surface. They said that's all they do when they "brush" a set of wheels. I'm sure you'd only want to sand in one direction (back and forth, not circular swirl motion), and would probably want to practice on a spare piece of metal first, but that's all brushing is really...polished metal that's been "brushed" by sanding it in some form or fashion.
In alot of cases the face that has been machined is usually clearcoated afterwards. As far as scuffing the face Ive heard scotchbrite pads also work well.