Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

16' tires for my DD TA?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 16' tires for my DD TA?

Well I bought my TA a year ago with Firestone Wideovals on the factory 16" rims. I was really hoping that by the time I was in the market for new rubber that I would be getting new rims too, but I simply can't afford it right now. So my question is this: what 16" tires would you guys recommend for a daily driven TA? The Wideovals were okay, but I'd like the best I can get. There doesn't seem to be much choice really, I guess there are Nitto555Rs , but I'd like something that will kinda last, and not kill me if it's raining a bit. I wish the regular Nitto555s (non DRs) were available in the right size...

Help?
Old 11-16-2009, 04:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in the same situation a while ago and wanted something a little meatier so I got a matching pair of 17x9's from a WS6 for the rear. It was a pretty good setup. I'm selling that extra pair with tires to get some Vette rims. If you're interested,
https://ls1tech.com/forums/midwest-c...rims-sale.html
Old 11-16-2009, 04:30 PM
FormerVendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by tecmec
Well I bought my TA a year ago with Firestone Wideovals on the factory 16" rims. I was really hoping that by the time I was in the market for new rubber that I would be getting new rims too, but I simply can't afford it right now. So my question is this: what 16" tires would you guys recommend for a daily driven TA? The Wideovals were okay, but I'd like the best I can get. There doesn't seem to be much choice really, I guess there are Nitto555Rs , but I'd like something that will kinda last, and not kill me if it's raining a bit. I wish the regular Nitto555s (non DRs) were available in the right size...

Help?
The BFG G-Force Sport may be your best option. These are available in a 245/50R16. They have good life and are pretty comparable to the 555's. BFG G-Force Sport