Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

firehawk rims

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2009, 02:44 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default firehawk rims

does anyone know where i can find one? does anyone make a replica? i was told one of mine wasnt sealing because of chrome flaking or something. i really dont remember but i was told i needed to buy new rims. or is it possible to have mine repaired?

Last edited by badinfluencelsx; 12-09-2009 at 04:52 PM.
Old 12-09-2009, 09:44 PM
TECH Resident

If it's because of the chrome flaking I would think you could have them refinished.
Old 12-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by badinfluencelsx
does anyone know where i can find one? does anyone make a replica? i was told one of mine wasnt sealing because of chrome flaking or something. i really dont remember but i was told i needed to buy new rims. or is it possible to have mine repaired?
Sounds like BS.... take them to another shop. If the chrome is flaking where the tire is sealing then you can probably just sand it down and prime the area to keep the chrome from flaking further. I would look into it further before you throw away a perfectly good set of wheels. If not ... give them to me and buy my firehwak wheels ...hehe
Old 12-09-2009, 11:57 PM
Launching!

lol im gonna make some calls tomorrow and see who can fix em and go from there. i think its bs too. i been reading that its a common problem but no leads on if its fixable. i would assume so just hoping i would hear from someone else who had the problem and if its worth fixing or cheaper to buy another
Old 12-10-2009, 08:51 PM
TECH Regular

Get it fixed if possible. They are no longer made and have become rather expensive.
Old 12-11-2009, 09:39 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was going to send mine off and have them rechromed. Its $$$ but would be worth it if you love the stock Hawk wheels. Search on google "rechromeing wheels" or somethin like that..Its a big long process..thats why I bought new wheels..
Old 12-11-2009, 12:19 PM
Launching!

on the good side, its holding air now. maybe discount tire was pulling my leg to get my to buy some rims. either way im gonna look into other options since it will be a problem sooner or later.