Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Help me pick new wheels!

Old 12-09-2009, 11:02 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help me pick new wheels!

Decided to delete the old & start a new thread...

My preference is a street-strip 15" wheel. But my limit is $300/wheel. I prefer the looks like that of Bogart D6's, Boyd Timeless 6, Boyd Rebels, CCW Drag Pack, FM10's, etc but can't afford them. I may be interested in the Bogart street series wheels but I don't think SJM Manufacturing will have anything in my price range. On with my 15" street-strip conversation now... I obviously want something that will be sturdy on the street and not bend or break easy. It leads me to think about Billet Spec. Street Lites & Weld R/T's but those are too expensive for me too lol.

The only thing I could come up with were Centerline Convo Pros. Which are decent, but I hate that I'd really have to grind to get the 15x10's to fit out back. Not sure if I would want to purchase 15x8.5's. In the meantime on their website, I noticed their Competition series. I really like the designs of them, and to my surprise, they state they are "forged billet aluminum; SF 15.1; Street Legal" and actually weigh 2 lbs heavier than the Convo Pros but have 150 lb less load than Convo Pros. According to what they state about them, it sounds like they are sturdy enough for me to drive on daily. But I have no idea how they will fit on my 1998 TA. As the 15x10 Convo Pros need the brakes grinded, I wonder how much (if any) grinding will be necessary for the competition series.

If I decide to go with more of a street-type wheel, I'm currently considering chrome or polished Torque Thrusts II's; chrome, polished, or black/polished lip OE's Y2K deep dished; OE's C5 ZO6's w/ rivets; maybe some Cragars, and maybe a couple of others but unsure. What do you guys think would look good on a white 1998 Trans Am?

Last edited by candlelit; 12-11-2009 at 11:29 AM. Reason: highlighted certain words

Search this Thread