Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

bad vibration with welds

Search this Thread

Old 12-15-2009, 01:37 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default bad vibration with welds

I just got a set of weld draglites and both have brand new tires and they are all 4 balanced. I get a bad vibration at around 60 mph and it only gets worse the faster I go. The wheels are not bent and everything is balanced but yet it still shakes like a **** around 60 mph. Is this normal with skinnies and spacers up front? I traded for these wheels lastnight and had zero vibration before all the way up to 130 mph. I had the z06 motorsports.
Old 12-15-2009, 01:45 PM
On The Tree

Have the wheels balanced by the lug holes! These wheels are lug centric not hub centric. This will solve your problem.
Old 12-15-2009, 02:00 PM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by wheelczar
Have the wheels balanced by the lug holes! These wheels are lug centric not hub centric. This will solve your problem.
Can discount tire do that? Will those dipshits even know what lug centric is? Do you think i need all 4 or just the fronts redone?
Old 12-15-2009, 02:51 PM
On The Tree

I would do all 4 to make sure it is right. Discount Tire may have the equipment, call them first. If not call the biggest wheel dealer in your area, someone should know how to do this. An adapter is required for the balancing machine for your bolt pattern. The wheels will center off the lugs and so it makes sense to balance them this way. Good luck, let me know how it goes.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:04 PM
TECH Regular

I would do all 4 to make sure it is right. Discount Tire may have the equipment, call them first. If not call the biggest wheel dealer in your area, someone should know how to do this. An adapter is required for the balancing machine for your bolt pattern. The wheels will center off the lugs and so it makes sense to balance them this way. Good luck, let me know how it goes.
I just talked to discount and he said that since I have the shank lugnuts that it don't matter. They just balanced them the normal way. I'll call around and see if some other place can do it. Would the shank lugnuts make a difference? Sorry I don't know jack squat about balancing wheels. Thanks for the help btw.
Old 12-15-2009, 03:12 PM
On The Tree

No the shank lug nuts do not make any difference in the way you balance a wheel. Keep checking someone can take care of you and it will make a huge difference.
Old 12-15-2009, 04:51 PM
TECH Regular

No the shank lug nuts do not make any difference in the way you balance a wheel. Keep checking someone can take care of you and it will make a huge difference.
NTB for the win. I'm taking it there tomorrow. 10 bux a wheel and they knew what I was talking about. I'll post up my findings when they are done. And to Discount Tire,
Old 12-15-2009, 06:56 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

ANY tire shop has the equipment to do this. they use a different plate and it takes longer, thats why they dont do it
Old 12-17-2009, 11:54 PM
TECH Regular

New rotors for the ***** fukin win!!! Rides and stops like a champ now.
Old 12-18-2009, 09:19 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by edzsilverss
New rotors for the ***** fukin win!!! Rides and stops like a champ now.
Glad to see you got it fixed.

Quick Reply: bad vibration with welds