Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Need Help with tire choices and have a couple questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2010, 09:40 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need Help with tire choices and have a couple questions

OK, I need some help b/c I cant find the answer. I am in the process of trying to find the widest tire I can fit on my newly bought wheels. I got CCW street classics. The fronts are like 18 x 10.5 and the rears are almost 18 x 12. I test fit a 335/30/18 nitto drag radial yesterday and they were perfect. Only problem is, is that a nitto wont work for me b/c I have over 760 rwhp, but plan to take that to over 800 soon. So my question is.....

What is the section width and tread width of the 335 nitto drag radial???

Reason I ask is b/c there are no other drag radials in that size that I would be happy with. I guess I might be happy with the Hoosier 335/30's but I am afraid they will wear too quick. Has anyone used them? How do they compare to the M/T drag radial?

I have done ALOT of research lately, and I have come to the conclusion that I should not go with the BFG drag radial b/c most people say they suck for how fast they wear out!!

So I guess my only options are these

Nitto 335's---- Not sticky enough
Hoosier 335's----- Not sure if they will last atleast as long as M/T's and havent really found any solid information about the traction with them.
M/T DR 345's----- Would more than likely get these b/c I know they hook, BUT I need to know if they fit b/c when I test fit the Nittos, there wasnt much room left before they hit the inner wheel well, plus the nittos stuck out about 1/8" - 1/4" past the quarters and I dont want the M/T's to stick out any further..

HELP me out guys!!!