Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

anyone got these cragar SS or will they fit

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2010, 08:38 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone got these cragar SS or will they fit

I have read and tried to understand. I have searched. If this has been rectified previously, forgive me for not finding it.

I read the stickies on understanding offsets, rim widths and tire sizes. It makes clear sense to me. Where I'm getting confused is the offsets are always reffered to here in millimeters. However all the rims on Cragar site use inches in the description. well I can do math and when I do, either everything contradicts, or shows that these that I'm wanting, wont fit.

I have seen the TTM's and I like em, but they are not as cool as the Cragar SS IMHO. I would ideally like to have 17x9.5 but have only found, and will accept if it is my only choice the 17x9. Im going to run 274/40/17's. Car is a 1 inch lowered SOM WS6.

My confusion is coming from offset part. I think I read that stock WS6 rims are 56mm offset? Well, if an inch is about 25 mm then thats just over 2 inches. However these Cragars come in offsets of 3.5, 4.5 and 5.5 inch offsets. I must be figuring something wrongly somewhere. I have seen alot of posts about wider rims, and seen alot of comments about needing 7 inch offsets, which leads me to believe that on my narrower rim, the 5.5 or something may be sufficient. But I just dont know if these are optimal, or borderline acceptable, or will work at all. Thanks for any help in advance.

Heres a link to what I'm looking at. http://www.summitracing.com/parts/CRR-617934P/