Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

ET Streets (Bias Ply) Qs

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2010, 03:16 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ET Streets (Bias Ply) Qs

How many of you that run these drive with the ET Streets (Bias Ply Not Radial) on? Im needing a Bias Ply to hook up but I dont want to get an ET Drag, if I want to go cruz or maybe drive to the track, they will wear out in no time. I know the QTPs from Hoosier their tech said NO NO for them to be drivin on the street and I thought they were kinda the same as the ET Street?? Am I wrong? I just want some thoughts if anyone drives around on nice weekends with them..
Old 03-25-2010, 03:46 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

This past summer I took a summer class that was an hour each way and a few times I took my car with the ET Streets without any issues. I also drove my car an hour and a half to the track and back with zero issues. My dad now runs them on his car and does the exact same without a sweat. You will just have to be aware that you have a bias ply tire out back so you will feel it dance around a little so as long as you know that and don't go corner carving you will be fine.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:44 PM
10 Second Club

Thanks!! Thats what I was hopeing to hear!!!! About how many miles could you get out of a set you think?
Old 03-25-2010, 04:46 PM
TS6
10 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The ET drag and ET street are supposedly the same compound and everything. That being said, I have never been able to get an ET street to hook. No faster than your car is, why not just run a drag radial? It would probably be faster anyway. Unless you're running on poorly prepped tracks, that is.

But yeah, you can street drive them. Just remember they are on there, it handles different obviously.
Old 03-25-2010, 04:54 PM
10 Second Club

Iv ran DRs and cant get it to leave, so I put a new rear end and plan to side step it.. Im doing adj. Strange Shocks also..

Im afraid at the RPMs we plan to leave at or would like to that its just going to unload if I use a Radial..

And our local track..is really hit or miss..
Old 03-25-2010, 06:09 PM
11 Second Club

Received 54 Likes on 50 Posts

Originally Posted by 223HAWK
Thanks!! Thats what I was hopeing to hear!!!! About how many miles could you get out of a set you think?
Not really sure but I would imagine just a couple thousand miles. It sucks because I roll around on bigs and littles and replacing tires isn't cheap but what can ya do?

Since your a 6-speed the slicks are your answer. In my opinion for most people the DR's are best for the autos and slicks for the 6-speeds.
Old 03-25-2010, 06:13 PM
10 Second Club

Yeah I plan to roll around on the ET Streets until I can afford a 17in Bogart to match the fronts ( Sold the Streetlites to get some Bogarts 17/15 combo). I may drive my car 2k a Year..

Im wanting to get a 1.70 or High 1.6 60fts vs the 2.2s to 2.4s that Im geting..the MPH is there just not the first half.. Im hopeing just chaning to a slick and a 28in tire it goes 11.6s..but in a few weeks Ill know!!