Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Help with Wheel/Tire Size

Search this Thread

Old 10-31-2010, 08:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with Wheel/Tire Size

I wanna go bigger tire wise on my WS6 and obviously change the wheels while i'm at it. Im a big noob when it comes to this stuff, so I
For the front I was thinking 275/35/18
For the rears either 325/30/19 or 335/30/18

The front tire I believe is pretty common size the back I was having trouble finding those sizes. Now for the wheels this is what I'm having trouble with k so 275 is 275mm ok 10.83 inches. Obviously I need a 18 inch rim with the GM bolt pattern thing 120.65 or whatever, but how wide is my wheel suppose to be to fit those tires on the front is my question. Is there a certain range there allowed to be or what? I have no idea and all my "mechanical" friends have no idea so I'm kinda lost. Please give me some insight. Personally I was thinking some c6 z06 wheels chrome for my car and with the staggared 18 and 19 set up would look sweet unless you got a better idea.
Old 10-31-2010, 09:55 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am running a 275/35R18 on a 9.5" wide wheel, if that helps you. If you know what tire size/brand you want to run, just go to that manufacturers site or even tire racks site if they carry that brand. When you select the tire you want, click on tire specs. In the specs category, it will tell you what the range of rim widths are acceptable for that size tire. It will also give you alot of other specifications for that brand/size. Keep in mind that even if you pick a tire, say a Pirelli P Zero in a 275/35R18, it may have different specs based on if it carries any manufacturers specs. If its made for a Camaro/Porsche/Mercedes or Ferrari, even though they all call for a 275/35R18, they will sometimes vary in demensions based on what the individual brands call for to perform how they want on their vehicle.