Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Cleaning sugestions on some TTIIs

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2010, 09:07 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cleaning sugestions on some TTIIs

I just bought a set of TTIIs for the TA. They needed a little tlc. The outside of the wheels just needed a good polishing. I got them looking pretty good. Used semichrome. The inside of the wheels is a different story. I used brake clean and scotch bright to get most of the brake and road tarnish off of them And got out some sandpaper to get the rest of it off. Got 2.5hrs in one wheel. Wondering if anyone has any suggestions on polish or how to clean the inside of the wheels. Pics with tire on wheel is before. NO tire is after.

Old 11-03-2010, 04:02 PM
On The Tree

It's hard to beat Mothers Aluminum Polish and a Powerball. Took me a long time to try one of the Powerballs but once I did i loved it. Once you start on the inside of the wheel you just about have to do the whole thing because they are not polished real well (if at all!) on the inside.
Old 11-03-2010, 06:25 PM
11 Second Club

I use a Microfiber applicator pad & white diamond polish I picked up from Advanced autoparts, then I use a microfiber towel to wipe the wheels clean. Takes about 1-2hrs hard labor

I've also have had good success with bling master metal polish as well.

Here are some pictures using the white diamond after wet sanding the wheels.

Before

During (Wet sanded)

Almost finished

Last edited by SmokedOutZ28; 11-03-2010 at 06:34 PM.
Old 11-03-2010, 07:06 PM
9 Second Club

Yeah the out side of the wheel Im going to get out the high speed buffer and some buffing compound. The inside is where the main problem the wheel is so tarnished the only thing I found that gets it out is to sand them or use brake clean with scotch bright pads