Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Widening Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2010, 01:05 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Widening Wheels?

I'm currently running 18x9.5 in the back and am thinking of having them widened to either 10" or 10.5". They are 18x9.5 with a 35 offset. How would widening them effect the offset/fitment? Will they still fit?

Also, who widens wheels and how much does it usually cost?

Thanks for the help guys.
Old 11-11-2010, 02:24 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Weldcraft.com. Check them out. I know other members on here has sent stuff to them to either widened or make em narrow. I think they do everything to make sure they fit with no problems other than the usual stuff like grind the bump stops and BFH mod.
Old 11-11-2010, 11:25 AM
On The Tree

What kind of wheels are they? A cast one piece wheel is pretty hard to widen/narrow. depending on how they do it (and what you want) it is possible to widen them and not change the backspace at all ( if they put all the extra width to the outside). Offset is measured off the centerline of the wheel so the center would have to move within the rim shell to keep the offset the same.
Old 11-11-2010, 04:07 PM
TECH Apprentice

Weldcraft is currently wideneing a pair of WS6 wheels for me. Most wheels they do are widened to the inside. When widened to the inside the offset will be more positive. You will have to have adequate clearance on the wheel well to accomadate for the extra width. If you have room you'll be good to go if not then you'll need to use spacers/adapters to bring the wheel farther towards the outside of the fender. I was quoted $200/wheel to widen each two inches.