Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Why do I hear a rear rubbing/clicking sound when driving with a punctured rear tire?

Old 01-14-2011, 02:02 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Why do I hear a rear rubbing/clicking sound when driving with a punctured rear tire?

I have a Pedderized 2006 GTO with the 19" CCW 505A's and the Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 P245/35ZR19 (fronts) & 275/30ZR19 (rears).

The driver's side rear tire got punctured with a large, sharp object as I was driving the GTO. Immediately upon getting the puncture, I started hearing a rubbing/clicking sound coming from the rear. The tire shop techs heard it too even after the sharp object had come off the tire. Now, the GTO is parked at their shop waiting for a $200 replacement tire from Tire Rack.

What could be causing the rear rubbing/clicking sound? Can it disappear once the new rear tire is installed? Thank you in advance for the info.
Old 01-14-2011, 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by damon_Z
I have a Pedderized 2006 GTO with the 19" CCW 505A's and the Hankook Ventus V12 evo K110 P245/35ZR19 (fronts) & 275/30ZR19 (rears).

The driver's side rear tire got punctured with a large, sharp object as I was driving the GTO. Immediately upon getting the puncture, I started hearing a rubbing/clicking sound coming from the rear. The tire shop techs heard it too even after the sharp object had come off the tire. Now, the GTO is parked at their shop waiting for a $200 replacement tire from Tire Rack.

What could be causing the rear rubbing/clicking sound? Can it disappear once the new rear tire is installed? Thank you in advance for the info.
I assume the tire shop put it on the lift and ran it with the tires/wheels off yes? Did the sound go away then? Let us know.
Old 01-15-2011, 11:39 AM
TECH Resident

The sharp stone that punctured the tire actually went in the tire. That was causing the rubbing sound.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Why do I hear a rear rubbing/clicking sound when driving with a punctured rear tire?