Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Getting some wheels/tires soon have ?'s

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2011, 07:20 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Getting some wheels/tires soon have ?'s

Yes I've read the stickies. I plan on buyin some wheels and tires soon. The guy before me put 235 general tires all around on the car and they are terrible. So I love the foose nitrous 5's. Seen em on 'transam08''s black ws6 and love em I don't care if u like em or not haha. I'm buying the 18x10 rears and fronts. Possibly 17x8 fronts. I like the look. So now my questions. I want the -6mm offset for the rears. If I read the sticky correctly that will give me a a little bot of a lip And I'm gonna put 315/30/18 toyo proxes since they are $300 for the rears. now for the fronts I've seen guys running 255's-295's on the fronts. what would best suit for front tires? 17x8 I could fit the 255's but not sure what side wall height I'd need for it to look right. Would I need a xxx/30/xx front tire no matter what width tire I go with? Or can I put a 35-40 sidewall without it lookin stupid with a "30" sidewall on the rear? Also would a -13mm offset be enough lip for the front on the 17x8? They offer -13, and 0mm. Ill do 18x10's all around if I have to. I'm def set on 315's for the rear so whatever width tire will work best for the front will b my deciding point for what size front rim to go with. Hope this makes sense.