Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Question about rotating wheels

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2011, 11:55 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Question about rotating wheels

So, my front tires got a lot of tread on them and the rears are getting low. I bought the car like this. The tires will spin soo easy. They are Bfg G force tires. 275's on all four corners. They leave rubber so easy, and theres even rubber on my paint just from the front tires! Could i just put the front wheels on the rear and the rear wheels up front. Cuz right now my rear tires getting really bald and i want to make them last.
Thanks,
Old 04-19-2011, 03:08 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Of course you can rotate them, BUT should you. If it is spinning in the back now and you put those thread-less BFG's in the front then they will hydroplane, slip when turning. Nothing like going through a damp turn early in the morning and have the front end plow off the road. Sounds like time for 2 new skins.
Old 04-19-2011, 03:29 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jjordan
Of course you can rotate them, BUT should you. If it is spinning in the back now and you put those thread-less BFG's in the front then they will hydroplane, slip when turning. Nothing like going through a damp turn early in the morning and have the front end plow off the road. Sounds like time for 2 new skins.
He is right on that if you would of rotated them sooner it would have been alot better
Old 04-19-2011, 07:26 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by CamaroManLS1
They leave rubber so easy, and theres even rubber on my paint just from the front tires!
Thanks,
from your front tires? get an alignment