Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Best pre-color for Gunmetal Blue Rims

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2011, 06:26 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best pre-color for Gunmetal Blue Rims

Ok, I am looking at getting some new rims for my NBM Camaro. I am wanting to get them powder coated to Gunmetal Blue. What would be the best finish to get from a retailer so that they may be stripped and changed to Gunmetal Blue? Or does anyone happen to know anywhere that I can get some Z06 18" Gunmetal Blue rims? Also does anyone happen to know a place near Oklahoma City that would do some powder coating? I am currently deployed and am planning out how I am going to spend my money when I get back.
Old 05-16-2011, 07:17 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Gunmetal is one color
Blue is another color

sounds like you are looking for a matte blue metal finish as far as color goes I don't think it matters since it's getting covered overed, just go with something as close to the color you want just in case there is ever a chip you won't see like a pink rim peeking out from behind.

here is my rims it's blue anodized aluminum, looks crazy sweet in person and never saw it in powder or for that matter any where else, but it would be cool as hell if they can do it for you in powder.

Old 05-18-2011, 12:21 AM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ok so I have found the RGB scale of the Gunmetal Blue I want to put on my rims, Does anyone know the RGB Scale of Navy Blue Metallic? I just want to put the 2 colors next to each other in Paint Shop Pro so that I can tell if I like them or if they are too conflicting. The RGB Scale of Gunmetal Blue is 43/59/68.

Last edited by bobbo489; 05-18-2011 at 12:27 AM.
Old 05-18-2011, 12:24 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 69TA
Gunmetal is one color
Blue is another color

sounds like you are looking for a matte blue metal finish as far as color goes I don't think it matters since it's getting covered overed, just go with something as close to the color you want just in case there is ever a chip you won't see like a pink rim peeking out from behind.

here is my rims it's blue anodized aluminum, looks crazy sweet in person and never saw it in powder or for that matter any where else, but it would be cool as hell if they can do it for you in powder.

that thing looks NASTY dude........high five

Quick Reply: Best pre-color for Gunmetal Blue Rims