Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Need help!! (pics)

Search this Thread

Old 08-06-2011, 03:51 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Need help!! (pics)

I have been trying to put these studs on for almost 4 hours now and no luck. There isnt enough room for me to put the stud in. How do I remove the hub?

also trying to install intrax lowering springs in the rear. The jackstands are under the frame and the rear end is hanging loose. Everyone says that you give a little tug and they come out. NO, i have been prying the **** outta them for a while and they wont pop off there little perch.

Last edited by s25hanh; 08-06-2011 at 05:12 PM.
Old 08-06-2011, 06:50 PM
11 Second Club

You need to remove the Axles!!! This requires opening up the pumpkin and removing the C-clips.
Old 08-06-2011, 09:58 PM
Launching!

I believe i read the other day that you take out the abs sensor and you can slide the stud through the "access hole" where the sensor should go
Old 08-06-2011, 10:26 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by 99LSS1
You need to remove the Axles!!! This requires opening up the pumpkin and removing the C-clips.
....thats what I was afraid of. Do you know of a diagram or a write up of which bolts to remove?
Originally Posted by Ls2SilverBullet
I believe i read the other day that you take out the abs sensor and you can slide the stud through the "access hole" where the sensor should go
I think that is for the front not the rear. There isn't a sensor on either sides.

-----Also does anyone know why the springs wont pop out like everyone else's?
Old 08-06-2011, 10:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

unbolt the bottom nut on the shock - that should give you the extra inch or two you need
Old 08-06-2011, 11:05 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by VinR1
unbolt the bottom nut on the shock - that should give you the extra inch or two you need
i did
Old 08-06-2011, 11:17 PM
TECH Apprentice

As said above remove the c-clips and pull axles out enough to install studs. and i have removed and install over 10 sets of springs on f bodies and never done more than jack it up and pry them out.. keep trying you'll get it.. good luck
Old 08-06-2011, 11:27 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by SmokinAce
As said above remove the c-clips and pull axles out enough to install studs. and i have removed and install over 10 sets of springs on f bodies and never done more than jack it up and pry them out.. keep trying you'll get it.. good luck
I already disconnected the PHB. Should i disconnect the sway bar links? I have been prying the **** outta them! Ill try it with some help tomorrow.

So, I remove the diff cover and looks for c-clips, remove them, pull out axle enough to put studs in, re-install c clips, make new gasket for diff cover, then re-fill diff?
Old 08-07-2011, 12:26 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Check if there is a hole you may have to rotate the ends to line up the stud hole and you can slide it in from the back. The fronts are easier theres no lining up in front.

use a big flat screwdriver or crow bar and slip it under a part of the spring at the bottom to see how much tension there is. Should be able to lift it a little and slide the bottom off the perch.
Old 08-07-2011, 07:22 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nastyc4
Check if there is a hole you may have to rotate the ends to line up the stud hole and you can slide it in from the back. The fronts are easier theres no lining up in front.

use a big flat screwdriver or crow bar and slip it under a part of the spring at the bottom to see how much tension there is. Should be able to lift it a little and slide the bottom off the perch.
I was using a big 3 foot crow bar prying it out. For some reason its not setting all the way.
Old 08-08-2011, 03:50 PM
12 Second Club

I dont have the c-clips because mine is the Moser 12bolt. All I think I have to do is loosen the 2 bolts on each side of the diff?? Sorry trying to be extra safe because this is my daily driver and dont wanna do this twice