Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

CCW corvette wheels on a trans am?

Old 08-18-2011, 09:34 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default CCW corvette wheels on a trans am?

I have a 97 trans am with a ford nine inch rear and drag studs in the back. I recently picked up some nice ccw 19x10 vette wheels and from what I understand I need a 1-1/4" spacer to make them fit. Only thing is I have a ford nine inch in the rear with drag studs in the hubs. This means I can't use a bolt on spacer and need the standard shoot through/slide on style. I don't want to put stock length lugs back on because from what I understand they like to give you a hard time with them then at the track. These are 19 inch rims so I'm not going to be hooking hard enough to snap the lugs with a 1-1/4" spacer on it. So I don't think i need to worry about safety issues and I'm pretty sure I'll have enough space on the studs for the the lugs. Any ideas of where I could get a spacer that big? Or anyone that have encountered this problem themselves?
Old 08-18-2011, 11:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

mount them up there...see what you need.

most ccw wheels ive seen are close to the same offset as fbody. may require a small spacer. i know the 19x10 in stock rear on c6 requires a spacer.

are all 4 19x10? do you know the offset or backspacing on them??
Old 08-24-2011, 05:02 PM
Teching In

I have eight inch backspacing on them
Old 08-24-2011, 05:46 PM
Teching In

and only the rear tires are 19x10
Old 08-24-2011, 08:24 PM
TECH Regular

Bolt on spacers are bad. Anything larger than a 1/2" spacer is bad. I had 4 of the 5 studs shear off the front from the bolt on spacers I had on, luckily the last stud held on long enough for me to get off the road and get a roll back called. It wasnt pretty.

I'm now in the process of replacing extremely worn tie rod ends and trying to track down a horrendous popping in my front end, im suspecting ball joints..caused by the extra stress put on the parts due to the spacers. The 1" spacers I had in the back seemed to work alright. But i would NEVER ever EVER put the back on after my experience.

End rant
Old 08-26-2011, 07:02 PM
Teching In

^^^I don't want bolt on i want shoot through spacers that just slide over the bolts

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: CCW corvette wheels on a trans am?