Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

iForged Aero's resizing HELP

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 04:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default iForged Aero's resizing HELP

Ok guys here is what Im trying to figure out. As of now I have 19*10 in the rear 7" back spacing with 38mm offset. What I want todo is go to a 11" wide wheel. I have spoke to some other wheel ppl and what Ive gather is that a 7.75" back spcaing is used with 44mm offset for this to work on an f-body. Im trying to figure out if both inner and outer hubes need to be different or just the inner hub? any of you guys with custom wheels chim in here with what your specs are.

thanks

Last edited by SpinsB; 09-27-2011 at 07:31 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 05:18 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Here's how I see it....You want the wheel to be 1" wider. The "expert advice" you got says that 7.75" backspacing is what you want, and you currently have a wheel with 7" of backspacing. So, you'll need a rear shell that's .75" wider than the one you currently have, and a front shell that's .25" wider than the one you currently have. That will "adjust" your backspace, and give you the additional 1" of width.

just to be sure, you are, talking about a multi-piece wheel, aren't you?
Old 09-26-2011, 09:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
Here's how I see it....You want the wheel to be 1" wider. The "expert advice" you got says that 7.75" backspacing is what you want, and you currently have a wheel with 7" of backspacing. So, you'll need a rear shell that's .75" wider than the one you currently have, and a front shell that's .25" wider than the one you currently have. That will "adjust" your backspace, and give you the additional 1" of width.

just to be sure, you are, talking about a multi-piece wheel, aren't you?
yes three piece iForged. What you said makes sense. Anyone else that has a multi piece whell chim in with there specs??
Old 09-27-2011, 10:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

B u m p
Old 09-27-2011, 07:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Spoke with iForged today, Just going to send my rear wheels back to them and they will get me takin care of. Gonna wait till colder weather to take them off and send them out. Fingers crossed that iForged treats me well as Ive heard that there customer service isn't that great. to be continued
Old 09-28-2011, 06:22 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by SpinsB
Spoke with iForged today, Just going to send my rear wheels back to them and they will get me takin care of. Gonna wait till colder weather to take them off and send them out. Fingers crossed that iForged treats me well as Ive heard that there customer service isn't that great. to be continued
Good luck! I heard some horror stories from people over on the Corvette Forum website about I-Forged. However, that was 3-4 years ago, and seemed to center around one particular representative...
Old 09-28-2011, 07:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by leadfoot4
Good luck! I heard some horror stories from people over on the Corvette Forum website about I-Forged. However, that was 3-4 years ago, and seemed to center around one particular representative...
Yea Ive heard. Like I said fingers crossed. The nice thing is im waiting for cold weather so if they mess around and take longer than 3-4 weeks im good.

Quick Reply: iForged Aero's resizing HELP