Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Want C5 Deep Dish 18x10.5s on rear of car, but I'm lowered will they rub?

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2011, 10:43 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Want C5 Deep Dish 18x10.5s on rear of car, but I'm lowered will they rub?

Hey guys,
I want to buy a set of C5 deep dish rims from OE Wheels. I need a new set of rims and want to change it up, and these really seem to look nice on Camaros. After reading alot on here about fitment issues, I figured I'd ask about the rears since they are 18"x10.5". My car is lowered with Strano springs and Koni's, and I don't want to do the BFH mod or go with new studs/spacers. What are some of your experiences with these rims?
Old 09-29-2011, 11:15 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Depends mostly on the offset and tire size you are going to go with....
Old 09-30-2011, 09:33 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

You may want to read thru the OE Wheels pic thread thats like nearly 100 pages long, it has some good info in it. As far as I know, the 18x10.5" wheels that OE makes are all +56mm offset. You don't HAVE to run a spacer on them, but if you don't you're going to have to hammer in the front of the inner fender area or the tire will rub there. You'll also need an adjustable panhard bar to center the rearend if you don't already have one. Part of the game with a lowered stance. You may have to roll or cut the fender lips depending on what tires you run and how much they bulge on the sidewall. Running a spacer is up to you, it will help to push the wheel out so it's closer to flush with the edge of the quarterpanel, which may not really be needed on a camaro...since the firebirds rear quarters are a little bit more bulged out than the camaros are. Why are you against hammering the inner fender a tad and/or new studs and spacers? Its not difficult at all, just takes a little time.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:38 AM
TECH Fanatic

I have stranos, konis, and 18x10.5 OE Wheels with 295's. If you take a slope at a sharp angle, mine rubs a little. But other than that, no rubbing issues at all. Every fbody is different though and you may have rubbing issues, it all depends.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:40 PM
Staging Lane

I have konis, stranos, and 18x10.5 c5 dd and adj. Panhard bar, I had to do a little bfh mod and I need to roll fenders a bit with 305/35 nitto drag radials