Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

C5 rims not fitting on the back

Search this Thread

Old 10-02-2011, 12:33 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 rims not fitting on the back

Hi guys,
Last week I bought a set of C5 rims (18 in the front and 19 in the back) and so today I went to go and get them on. Well the fronts fit fine, no problems there, however the backs will not properly mount onto the car. It seems that the diameter of the center circular piece (bearing housing? I'm not sure what its called - I'll take a picture if no one knows what I'm talking about) is just a bit too big and so the wheel wont seat all the way back on the car. Does anyone know what I can do? Please let me know. Thank you
Old 10-02-2011, 12:57 AM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by goldylocks
Hi guys,
Last week I bought a set of C5 rims (18 in the front and 19 in the back) and so today I went to go and get them on. Well the fronts fit fine, no problems there, however the backs will not properly mount onto the car. It seems that the diameter of the center circular piece (bearing housing? I'm not sure what its called - I'll take a picture if no one knows what I'm talking about) is just a bit too big and so the wheel wont seat all the way back on the car. Does anyone know what I can do? Please let me know. Thank you
take a piece of sand paper and just smooth it down. not much, maybe 1-3 mm is all you need.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Take some time and sand/grind down the axle hub or clearance the wheel hubs.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:36 PM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I didn't think C5 rims came in 19" rears. If they are OEM 19" C6 rims, you need a 1.25" spacer in the back to fit them on a 93-02 F-body.
Old 10-02-2011, 06:16 PM
On The Tree

Alright thanks guys I sanded them down and they fit pretty well now. Looks a lot better now too! Thanks