Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

Aircraft Stripper on Fikse Wheels?

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2011, 12:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Aircraft Stripper on Fikse Wheels?

I bought some Mother's Billet/Aluminum polish and when I went to use it on my Fikse wheels, it didn't work. The bottle of Mother's polish said when you rub the substance on the surface/wheel, it should turn black, as that is how you know it's working. Well, it didn't, so I'm assuming my Fikse wheels have a clearcoat on them. I wet sanded the center caps with 1000 grit sandpaper and plolished them with the Mother's plolish and it worked after doing that because it turned black and shined up like a champ. My question is, can't I use aircraft stripper to stip off the clearcoat and then polish the wheels up to get that mirror like shine?
Old 10-03-2011, 01:01 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I don't see why you can't, aircraft stripper is what people have been using to strip the clearcoat off their WS6 wheels and than polishing them with whatever product they choose.
Old 10-03-2011, 01:03 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by hairydog03
I don't see why you can't, aircraft stripper is what people have been using to strip the clearcoat off their WS6 wheels and than polishing them with whatever product they choose.

Thanks hairydog03. I've been reading on here about people who have used this stuff and they say it works pretty good. I guess I'm just a little scared using it on such expensive wheels. Will I have any issues using this stuff with the tires mounted to the wheels?
Old 10-03-2011, 06:57 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 27 Likes on 17 Posts

What finish are they? If their full polished theres nothing to strip. If their techni-polish youll just be ruining a very nice and expensive finish that is easy to keep clean.

Quick Reply: Aircraft Stripper on Fikse Wheels?