Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

I need skinny tire size suggestions please.

Search this Thread

Old 11-05-2011, 11:01 AM
11 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Default I need skinny tire size suggestions please.

The tires I currently have on my skinnies are 165/80/15 but I can't find that size any longer. I don't need the expensive front runners because I don't plan on using them much. What are you guys running?
Old 11-05-2011, 11:10 AM
11 Second Club

Location: Your girl's back door giving her the long stroke while you're at work
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

M/T's 1573
Old 11-05-2011, 11:14 AM
11 Second Club

Thanks for the reply and the suggestion. I'm really looking for an inexpensive street tire to stick on there for a few passes. I think I only paid $100 combined for the last 2 I got. I believe they were volkeswagen beetle tires.
Old 11-06-2011, 04:14 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i run a nexen , i think they are close to 60 each, i know there are of guys that say stay away from mixing tires but i have ran the nexens for 2 years with out any issues, there are a few other guys on here that run them, but if your at the track alot ,or running at high speeds its worth it to pay for a better tire, but i can get you the size and info on what i have if you like
Old 11-06-2011, 08:05 AM
11 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by big dave
Thanks for the reply and the suggestion. I'm really looking for an inexpensive street tire to stick on there for a few passes. I think I only paid $100 combined for the last 2 I got. I believe they were volkeswagen beetle tires.
May god be with you while you endanger your lives and others on the strip next to you with your 3,500lb F body on volkswagon beetle tires speed rated at 95mph and 2,000lbs max. Plenty of people have "not had a problem" with them, but others have, I personally had one of mine blow out on my Camaro. Luckily, I was only going 45mph or so and it wasn't a bad accident. I will never run a tire on my car aside from one made specifically for what I intend to use it for. Your safety and others around you isn't worth your broke *** trying to save 100 bucks. If you can't afford to run the proper safety equipment or tires on your car, then you don't belong behind the wheel of a racecar. Not trying to be a dick, just saying save up for the right ****. I can't believe the amount of people that will spend big money on their cars but cut corners on some of the most important factors of their car.
Old 11-06-2011, 10:22 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by BOBS99SS
i run a nexen , i think they are close to 60 each, i know there are of guys that say stay away from mixing tires but i have ran the nexens for 2 years with out any issues, there are a few other guys on here that run them, but if your at the track alot ,or running at high speeds its worth it to pay for a better tire, but i can get you the size and info on what i have if you like
Thanks alot for the info. I'll look into these.

Originally Posted by Camaro396
May god be with you while you endanger your lives and others on the strip next to you with your 3,500lb F body on volkswagon beetle tires speed rated at 95mph and 2,000lbs max. Plenty of people have "not had a problem" with them, but others have, I personally had one of mine blow out on my Camaro. Luckily, I was only going 45mph or so and it wasn't a bad accident. I will never run a tire on my car aside from one made specifically for what I intend to use it for. Your safety and others around you isn't worth your broke *** trying to save 100 bucks. If you can't afford to run the proper safety equipment or tires on your car, then you don't belong behind the wheel of a racecar. Not trying to be a dick, just saying save up for the right ****. I can't believe the amount of people that will spend big money on their cars but cut corners on some of the most important factors of their car.
Ok so because you had one blow out on you, everyone else becomes a hazard to your safety. Like I said, my plan is to only run on the tires a couple times in order to get a new best while the good air is here. I prefer to run on my 17" SS rims. I don't find it necessary to spend $300 on a set of tires I will only run a couple times!!! And yes, you are coming off as being a Dick! There are far better ways of expressing yourself than the way you just did.
Old 11-06-2011, 11:56 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 18 Likes on 10 Posts

I've heard of people riding around on OEM tires that have had blowouts, wreck and died. So you shouldn't drive at all.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:00 PM
11 Second Club

Thanks alot for the info. I'll look into these.

Ok so because you had one blow out on you, everyone else becomes a hazard to your safety. Like I said, my plan is to only run on the tires a couple times in order to get a new best while the good air is here. I prefer to run on my 17" SS rims. I don't find it necessary to spend $300 on a set of tires I will only run a couple times!!! And yes, you are coming off as being a Dick! There are far better ways of expressing yourself than the way you just did.
Of course everyone else becomes a hazard. When you blow a tire out it can put anyone around you in danger. You're a ********, and if I saw you pull up next to me in the staging lanes on your 60 dollar VW tires which are probably mounted on Summit Stars by the way you seem, I'd tell you to get lost. A couple times or a hundred times,clearly you don't comprehend the issue of ply rating to weight. It only takes one time. Good luck with your **** tires.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:01 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by JonCR96Z
I've heard of people riding around on OEM tires that have had blowouts, wreck and died. So you shouldn't drive at all.
There's a difference between an accidental occurrence and doing something stupid on purpose.
Old 11-06-2011, 12:15 PM
11 Second Club

I am curious why you need another set of skinny fronts if you already have a set on your wheels?

Quick Reply: I need skinny tire size suggestions please.