Wheels & Tires Forged | Billet | Cast | Radials | Slicks

anyone running a plain jane street tire on 15x10 7.5bs???NOT A RADIAL OR SLICK

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2011, 11:25 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default anyone running a plain jane street tire on 15x10 7.5bs???NOT A RADIAL OR SLICK

I've been googleing and searching all thru tech, can't find what im looking for.
i've got a 02 ta stock height, I love the big tire look on a 15x10wheel but my cars still a stock reared m6 so i deff dont want a radial or slick(I'd rather it just spun when i decide to play) I do eventually plan on a rear when i can get some money put aside but who knows when thatll be lol.
Thanks to the lovely nj roadways ive got a bent factory wheel so since it needs replacing id rather go with a wheel I plan to keep and run in the future. I'm gonna purchase some 15x10 7.5bs dragstars. I love the look of a 325/50-15 but i cant find any tires other than mt's. any of you guys recommend a street tire with a size close to that? any pics? should i stick with a 295/50-15??
Old 12-29-2011, 10:45 AM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

Just going to warn you how absolutely terrible 295/50r15s are. They are all 420 or higher treadwear all season garbage.

Driving my car on street tires is like driving in the rain over half throttle in first or over 3/4 throttle in 2nd.

If you just want the look and don't ever like to race at the track or on the street you might be ok, but if you expect them to perform...they won't.
Old 12-29-2011, 11:31 AM
TECH Apprentice

I don't want them to perform honestly, I love the look of a radial or slick Id love the performance of them also but I'm on a stock rear and don't have the money yet for a big boy rear so I don't want to poney out the money for a real tire when I can't use them as they're meant to be used, I'm basically just looking for **** tires decent size to look good on the 15x10s that I can putt the car around on and maybe burn up here and there until I get a real rear lol
Old 12-30-2011, 06:36 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

all the tires you are thinking of are garbage, you want the look of a fast car with the performance of a go kart lol,while your at it go with a 10 inch cowl hood ,and some flame decals , you will have the best looking drag car, honest man rear or not dont waste your money on junk *** tires, so your wanting to run a drag set up on something you dd on junk *** tires? great idea, kinda confused on what your looking for, dd on a drag setup isnt the best idea in the world
Old 12-31-2011, 05:08 PM
TECH Apprentice

idk where you read dd but thats wrong, car does a lot of sitting, i thought my post was written in english but maybe not since you couldnt read it? Ill explain it a little simpler and slower.
-I have a flat spot in a wheel=i need wheels
-I have a stock rear=slicks/radials out of the question
-I dont want to buy some used wheels for a couple hundred bucks just to get rid of them later=I want to buy one set and be done, preferably 15x10 drag stars
-i want a tire that doesnt look too small or too large
-I took offense to the ricer comments about a 10"cowl hood and flame decals lol.

Like i said im basically just looking for tires to roll the car around maybe once a week or so, the reason i want junk tires is because honestly i am kind of an ******* so with radials i wouldnt be able to control myself and not launch the car, but at the same time i like being able to lay into when im just dicking around and it break free lol. Im not gonna attempt to race on the junk tires, It's not gonna entire any shows anytime soon etc. I just want to be able to move the car around without breaking out the compressor everytime and eventually when i got a rear under the car put a real tire on it lol honestly the cars sat for the last prolly 3months. im slowly gathering parts for it and when i THINK i got everything the cars gonna get torn down and done up right.
Old 01-01-2012, 06:51 AM
Captain Double Post

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

honest op i just looked in my summit book and i see prices in the 120,140,130 range for a decent radial,i think i paid 160 each for a set of nitto nt555rs, its up to you,the nt555rs are a dr but honest there way more of a tire than drag tire, and im sure there are cheaper prices online, honest have you thought of just buying a drag setup off of tech for 600 to 800? its up to you man ,your after something i know nothing about, if i was in your shoes i would not waste my money on junk, my main rule in the car hobby is do it right the first time, you will save money over the long run
Old 01-01-2012, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

OP to answer your question no. The street tires approved for a 15x10 are all S or T speed rated. We need at least Hs on our cars, anything lower is unsafe. What I would do is get some ET Streets. They will.fit the rims and be legal to drive on
Old 01-01-2012, 11:59 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blk98Vert
OP to answer your question no. The street tires approved for a 15x10 are all S or T speed rated. We need at least Hs on our cars, anything lower is unsafe. What I would do is get some ET Streets. They will.fit the rims and be legal to drive on
And the 185r15 front runners I see people running up to and beyond 140mph in the 1/4, aren even "S" rated.

For the look, a 295/50 is just right... No BFH mod needed, and they're real close a 27" tire, which helps fill out the fenderwell better without having to worry about centering the rearend.
Old 01-02-2012, 12:58 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Front runners are different ballgame and you can buy street tires in that width that are safe. I would never run on anything less than an H, seen far too many failures from running under the rated speed. OP run the ET streets or id make the wheels strictly strip duty
Old 01-03-2012, 04:40 PM
11 Second Club

Received 21 Likes on 17 Posts

When exactly is the OP going to be running over 112mph for extended periods to make the tire "unsafe"?

They are crap for performance but they aren't going to just fail above 115mph either.
Old 01-03-2012, 07:47 PM
11 Second Club

OP, if you want to run a big & little setup on the street all the time just use the 295/50/15 rear tires. I ran them on my old 98 Z years ago when i just wanted to drive it & had a pair of ET Streets on another identical set of wheels for when i went to the track. Just use common sense & you'll be fine.
Old 01-07-2012, 02:08 AM
TECH Apprentice

thanks for the responses, like i said theyd be minimal street use, more just to move the car around from time to time and maybe an occasional burnout if im feeling froggy lol
Old 01-08-2012, 09:36 AM
TECH Fanatic

I did what your talking about I bought prostars before 15x10 with a 7.50 backspace was available so now I have a pair with 6.50 backspace with bfg radial t/a tires in a 275/60 15 and a set of 275 60 15 mt drag raidials on my 7.50 backspace rims I run the same 15x5 stars in the front with a 165 85 15 nexen tire I have never had any issues with it the bfg tires spin real easy other than that not problems and no to say the least the bfg tires made me learn how to pedal the car cause if you hammer it and loose traction at anything over 50 and your on a skinny front tire you have to learn to pedal it cause you don't have the availability to swing the back end around a lot cause you will loose front grip but if you wanna do some john force smokey buyouts go for it just use your head and be safe!
Old 01-08-2012, 04:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

lol thanks. I rarely burnout but you know sometimes you just get that urge.

Quick Reply: anyone running a plain jane street tire on 15x10 7.5bs???NOT A RADIAL OR SLICK